• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Courtney Craig on Lessons Learned from Tracking Sleep

SDSue

Southeast
After reading Dr. Courtney Craig’s blog, Lessons Learned from Tracking Sleep for 9 Months, I decided to give the app “Sleep Cycle” a try. I have found it to be one of the best $5 I’ve spent on this ME/CFS journey.

Attached are some of Dr. Craig's graphs from Sleep Cycle.

After two weeks of using Sleep Cycle, I’m getting some good data on which drug combination, bedtime, and activity level seem to give me the best sleep. Some of the data is contrary to what I had believed. Who knew?

Anyone else using sleep tracking apps with success?

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 5.31.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 5.31.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 5.32.08 PM.png

barbc56

Darn, it isn't compatible with my android tablet.:aghhh:

I did download a program called "sleep talk" but it was worthless.

Anyone know of a good app. for an Android tablet, Samsung.

Barb

Last edited:

SDSue

Southeast
@SDSue Which app did you get. The bundle or just the alarm clock?
I just got the alarm.

I already wear a HR monitor for my POTS. The heart rate app requires you to put your finger over the sensor - only use I can see for that would be to have my morning resting HR documented along with sleep patterns and then use that information to guide me in my activity for the day.

(i.e.: high morning resting HR means I have to rest that day according to Connie the exercise guru at INIM)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sure. Hook up a video camera in your bedroom and the rest of us will watch you sleep, reporting on any oddities we note. :D :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :D
Now that is a great idea! What a fun new thread we could have, those who can't sleep could watch those who are sleeping badly, and then tell us how many times we rolled over, snorted, snored, farted or anything else of interest. :sluggish:

barbc56

Now that is a great idea! What a fun new thread we could have, those who can't sleep could watch those who are sleeping badly, and then tell us how many times we rolled over, snorted, snored, farted or anything else of interest. :sluggish:

I think you guys are on to something. Now how can we make money doing this.

Since most of us are awake at night, it's a no brainer!

BTW, I never fart in my sleep! I would know if I did.:sleep: :D

Barb

barbc56

Now, I'm wondering if there is any way to get an Oxygen sensor that records? It would have to be cheap!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Sure. Hook up a video camera in your bedroom and the rest of us will watch you sleep, reporting on any oddities we note. :D :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :D

Possibly many have video cameras already hooked up in bedroom. Those woth mirrors on the ceiling probably dont have a need for a camera hehehe

SDSue

Southeast
….. and then sometimes you start a thread on a serious topic and end up laughing instead. :)

Perhaps we could invest in this “robotic sentry” for our fledgling sleep program. We could tell @Sushi and our other victims subjects that it’s one of those automatic vacuums. You know, so we could help more people.

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 10.06.28 PM.png

Robotic sentry can be controlled by any remote device capable of browsing the internet.

Audio and high-resolution video are streamed

Two-way microphone and speaker enable real-time interaction with subjects.

360° of nimble movement as its camera boom extends to provide a wide field of view.

Moves along a path, detecting and avoiding obstacles with its infrared sensor until issued new orders.

Last edited:

SDSue

Southeast
@SDSue - didn't you have a cow, so to speak? Where's it gone? There's some kind of chicken looking out at me. :cool:
I was the cow for a long time. It no longer made me happy lol.

I did worry about changing my avitar - within a community of ME/CFS challenged brains I could easily lose hundreds, nay thousands, of my fans. :lol: hehe

If the uprising gets too great, I may need to (happily) return to my cow.

SOC

I was the cow for a long time. It no longer made me happy lol.

I did worry about changing my avitar - within a community of ME/CFS challenged brains I could easily lose hundreds, nay thousands, of my fans. :lol: hehe

If the uprising gets too great, I may need to (happily) return to my cow.
It looks to me like you've very cleverly resolved the problem. Your avatar now says Chick Formerly Known as Cow, so we, your fans, all know who you are again. o_O :D No need to have a cow. :p

BTW, where on earth did the expression "have a cow" come from? Why a cow? And why is having one indicative of being inordinately upset?