• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Chris Shade on New Methods of Mercury Testing and Detox IAOMT 2009 Las Vegas

Pretty important stuff! About 40 minutes nto the talk he presents his company's "solutions" to the mercury issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIbnGMIHmE&feature=related

He does sell a product but it seems like it's worth looking into. I'm not sure how different it is from other silica products but it says it's proprietary.

http://www.mhpvitamins.com/id154.html

The Intestinal Metals Detox (IMD) is a proprietary product that consists of highly purified silica carrier with covalently
attached metal-binding groups. The product is insoluble and functions to bind heavy metals in the gut so that they can be safely eliminated with the bowels; this prevents both absorption of the heavy metals and the generation of free-radicals catalyzed by the metals.

In fact, the product can also directly neutralized free-radicals in the gut and thus may play a role in damping gastrointestinal inflammation. Both the silica base and the binding agent are GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for use in food, but since the binding agent is firmly attached to the insoluble silica, it is not absorbed and thus not bioavailable. The product contains no known allergens and no allergic reactions have been reported to date.

baccarat

It doesn't say what the active ingredients are, apart from silica. Klinghardt sells something similar called microsilica I think.
Why would you want to buy something so expensive and unproven when there are chelators that do work, with an establishes safety recor, at a fraction of the cost?

Yeah, this product looks like the same thing Klinghardt is selling. Can you post the chelators that are proven? I'm not well versed in this area - I'm just learning...

This company makes a silica product, too - http://www.orgonosilica.com/

It's about 1/3 the price but I'm not sure how it compares to the Quicksilver product.

----

fyi-

Quicksilver Scientific has developed a sophisticated detoxification system based on enhancing the natural removal of metals through the intestines using a proprietary compound, IMD (Intestinal Metals Detox).

The Intestinal Metals Detox (IMD) is a proprietary product that consists of highly purified silica carrier with covalently
attached metal-binding groups. The product is insoluble and functions to bind heavy metals in the gut so that they can be safely eliminated with the bowels; this prevents both absorption of the heavy metals and the generation of free-radicals catalyzed by the metals. In fact, the product can also directly neutralized free-radicals in the gut and thus may play a role in damping gastrointestinal inflammation. Both the silica base and the binding agent are GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for use in food, but since the binding agent is firmly attached to the insoluble silica, it is not absorbed and thus not bioavailable. The product contains no known allergens and no allergic reactions have been reported to date.

----

I'm not sure what "covalently attached metal-binding groups" means... I guess that's the "proprietary" part...?

Thanks! There's alot of controvercy with all of this. Some people say that the chelation doesn't get all the mercury out... I'm really looking for alternatives that I can do on my own, without doctor supervision.