1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Brewer and Antiretrovirals

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by mojoey, Sep 3, 2010.

1. mojoey

mojoey Senior Member

I heard from a physician that Dr. Brewer has been using antiretrovirals with some success. Does anyone see him/know of patients seeing him and would you be able to provide more insight?

2. mojoey

mojoey Senior Member

Actually this was mentioned in Amy Dockser Marcus' first article on the Lo/Alter paper:

"Joseph Brewer, an infectious disease doctor in Kansas City, Mo., who treats AIDS patients, said he now has 15 patients with CFS in his clinic taking anti-retrovirals. "It's a mixed bag,'' said Dr. Brewer about the results. Patients who have been sick less than two years improve more rapidly, he said, adding that one of the challenges is that there is no reliable way to measure the amount of virus present in patients."

3. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Dr. Brewer is presenting "XMRV & CFS" at a Lyme conference
    in Jersey City, NJ October 15-17, 2010.

Maybe someone can post a review of his presentation?

See more popular forum discussions.