The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Bested: "GET is contraindicated and can be harmful for patients with ME/CFS"

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ScottTriGuy, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Rlman, Valentijn, Woolie and 7 others like this.
  2. Chriswolf

Chriswolf Senior Member

I think most CFS people could tell you that, which is why it's so annoying for the medical community and healthcare providers to be pushing this so hard.

I was a fairly active person prior to the onset of my symptoms and I still try to be as active as I can when permitted, however I know when my symptoms get bad - that pushing myself will only cause my symptoms to get worse or precipitate a full-on crash.

Today I'm lucky, I woke up feeling like I actually had slept, my eyes and mouth weren't extremely dry and my stomach did not feel as if it was on fire and pushing me to the brink of vomiting.

I did some stretching, which I haven't been able to do in at least 10 days, and I plan on going for a walk later on to pick up a few things.

I don't expect to feel awful by the end of the day, however by the next morning, who knows. I imagine this is pretty common for people with CFS and while trying to be active when you can is a good thing if you can manage, exercise does not have the effect of preventing the onset of symptoms for myself, it is a luxury when I can do so without serious consequences.

See more popular forum discussions.