1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Bell is trying to trace his former patients

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Summer, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Summer

Summer Senior Member

Dr. David Bell Calling Original Lyndonville Kids

Dr. David's Bell's current (Oct 2009) Newsletter is worth a complete read, but he is putting out this call:

Lets revive the Lyndonville research group again (gasp). I would like to test the original Lyndonville kids for XMRV, and if any of you reading this became ill in the Lyndonville area around 1985, were 18 or under at the time, and want to be evaluated, please write to me at lynnews@davidsbell.com. Even if you are feeling great now.

http://www.davidsbell.com/LynNewsV6N2.htm
  2. anne

anne Guest

That is so exciting.
  3. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 *****

That is great of Dr. Bell to get involved again even though he is retired. Thanks Dr. Bell!
  4. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

update on Dr. David Bell

Dr. Bell's classic book on CFS, Andrea's Revolver (2000), is available again with all proceeds going to ME Research. The book was dedicated to Elaine DeFreitas and to the memory of Skye Kristina Dailor (1976-1990).

[​IMG]

Also, Dr. Bell's November issue of the Lyndonville News is out. He is now selling tickets via paypal through his website to his Public Lecture, December 6, 2009 in Batavia, NY on XMRV and ME/CFS.

5. dipic

dipic Senior Member

Huh, I own "A Disease of a Thousand Names", "The Doctor's Guide to CFS", and "Cellular Hypoxia and Neuro-Immune Fatigue" (all by Bell) but I've never heard of this one. I'll be glad to pick this up, especially since Dr.Bell was kind enough to donate the proceeds to research. :) Thanks for sharing, Kim.
  6. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    I Heart Dr Bell

that is all, just that.
  7. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Took this from here
    Bell conducted follow-up studies of his original patients 13 years after the Lyndonville Outbreak. He's been in contact with about 40 of them and has not been able to find the other 20.

Any of Bell's former patients with whom has not been able to contact and who want to participate in the follow-up should call (585) 765-2099.
  8. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

The article that flybro mentions is the first of a two-part story that was published in today's Batavia News.

Discovery sheds light on a medical mystery and Pediatrician lauds 'extraordinary' study

Dr. Bell's statement of the cause of "tiredness" in CFS caught my attention. Is there a consensus among the CFS researchers that tiredeness is due to low blood flow to the brain? What about the mitochondria? Or VOX studies? If what he says is correct, why don't I feel less tired when I lie down?

9. Robin

Robin Guest

From what he said at his lecture, the low blood volume, pressure, and orthostatic intolerance are part of the problem. He went into more detail about the post exertional malaise, explaining that we have very sloooooooooww recovery times. A modest exertion requires hours if not days of recovery. He didn't mention mitochondria or VOX but it was a brief lecture!

I'm not sure if there is a lack of consensus about the cause of "tiredness"; more likely a lack of data. The Pacific Fatigue lab which actually studies the "fatigue" in CFS has very little funding and doesn't publish much. :(
  10. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    These are both excellent articles and nice ones to sent to people as they are short and easy to read and understand. :)

See more popular forum discussions.