1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr Bateman - any patients here?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by dsdmom, Jan 5, 2010.

1. dsdmom

dsdmom Senior Member

I'm curious if there are any of Dr. Bateman's patients here and I would like to know your thoughts on her. Does she do specialized testing for immune dysfunction? What sorts of treatment does she advocate?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    dsdmom,

I am not a patient but I have met her, heard her talk, am somewhat familiar with her clinic and live just a few blocks away from it. In the past she has not done specialized testing for immune dysregulation but in her 12/2/ talk on XMRV she said that she may be changing her approach given the new info. As for treatment, I think that depends upon the patient. In her 12/2 talk she also says that she thinks of her patients as belonging to subgroups, some chronic fatigue (little c little f) and some CFS. As far as being a bright, educated, level headed advocate who really cares about her patients, I don't think that you could go wrong seeing her.

Shane

3. kurt

kurt Senior Member

USA.Earth
    dsdmom,
    I have tried to get an appt to see Dr Bateman several times, have been on her list for over a year, I think her practice is functionally closed, although they say they sometimes admit new patients. Good luck.
    Meanwhile, if you want to see her approach, she presented that in 2003, and it is posted at OFFERUtah. I presume this is still her approach as she works closely with OFFERUtah and likely would make an update if she changed her methods. This is lifted from the following web page http://www.offerutah.org/cfsmetreatment.htm

4. kurt

kurt Senior Member

USA.Earth
    dsdmom,
    I have tried to get an appt to see Dr Bateman several times, have been on her list for over a year, I think her practice is functionally closed, although they say they sometimes admit new patients. Good luck.
    Meanwhile, if you want to see her approach, she presented that in 2003, and it is posted at OFFERUtah. This is mostly a palliative approach, a little like Teitelbaum's. I presume this is still her method as she works closely with OFFERUtah and likely would make an update if she changed her methods.

http://www.offerutah.org/cfsmetreatment.htm

--Kurt

See more popular forum discussions.