1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Dr. Andrew Wakefield is suing Brian Deer and BMJ's Fiona Godlee for defamation..

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by TessDeco, Jan 4, 2012.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    You couldn't have put it any better. Money is the sole reason why Wakefield didn't appeal to court to clear his name, in the same way that Walker-Smith did. Walker-Smith had insurance that covered his court costs (Wakefield didn't, and couldn't pay out of pocket), and so W-S was able to show GMC 'trial' for kangaroo court of morons and boot-lickers that it was. A ship of drunken baboons wouldn't have made such mockery of a 'trial' any more twisted and illogical (but I'll leave the imagery to Silverblade :). Btw surprise surprise most of bigwigs at GMC have very close links to vaccine manufacturers, either as paid consultants or shareholders.

currer likes this.
  2. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Absolutely, which is why information is so tightly controlled by the media. The recent court win by the parents of the Italian boy who descended into autism following MMR was given very little publicity in the UK, and one of the papers that did report it was almost apologetic and gave loads of bullshit 'opinions' by 'experts' to 'balance' the report :eek::eek:

currer likes this.
  3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Natasa
    sorry to inform you, but the drunken baboons have taken out a legal action against Darwin for linking them to the backward, reprobate, twisted bunch of gobshyte nut-lickers of the GMC!
    it has blackened their character and impured their sobriety! :p

natasa778 likes this.
  4. lookinglass

lookinglass

There is absolutely no doubt that giving vaccinations of the MMR is like playing Russian Roulette with our children. Some immune systems just cannot cope with it. And they (they!) still do not understand why, but they still keep on pushing it. If that isn' downright criminal action on behalf of the State then I don't know what is.

Shell, Wayne and Enid like this.
  5. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Walker-Smith has a thing or two to say about GMC baboons (ops sorry guys!) in his upcoming book.

For those who like authoritative statements from experts in position of power and insider knowledge, here is a nice one by Dr Peter Fletcher, former chief scientist at the Department of Health:

Wayne, Enid and currer like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Senior Member

7. currer

currer Senior Member

Thanks for posting this interview Ian. Please everyone, watch it, It is short and informative.

merylg likes this.
  8. Ian

Ian Senior Member

theres a part 2 and 3 on youtube

9. lookinglass

lookinglass

Every interview AW gives is a testimony to his integrity and honesty. And his courage. Not many like him out there. Shame shame on Anderson Cooper for calling him a iiar on TV. I hope he can't sleep at nights.

warriorseekspeace and currer like this.
  10. currer

currer Senior Member

Yep, lookinglass, it is obvious that Andrew Wakefield is a brave man. Good luck to him.

warriorseekspeace likes this.
  11. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

You mean one body/mind/Supreme Council controls every major TV/Print/Radio/Internet news outlet?
    Even Fox? ;-)

Oh, wait, I can't be reading this, the Media Censor is going to erase my memory.

12. HowToEscape?

I've heard him speak. He has a great voice, with old style Queen's English and fine enunciation, all to better deceive the faithful. The entire thing was a testimony to the self-interest of Andrew Wakefield.

13. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/

lookinglass likes this.
  14. HowToEscape?

Newspaper science != science.

Unfortunately, most of us, myself included, do not have the background knowledge (or perhaps patience) to read and consider the papers behind whatever hits the newspapers. News outlets most likely do not have a scientist on staff for each discipline; that would cost a ton but generate no revenue. One doesn't stay in business very long that way. A news desk's job is to attract readers/views who are likely to buy something, and thus the advertisers who pay for the whole biz. I'm sure many people in the industry would like to just dig for and report interesting facts, but first they need a job.

Still, I'm not at all convinced that the Wellcome Trust is controlling the news I read. Reporters can get interpretation of science from a variety of sources, depending on what their goal is. One could ask the Creation Institute to interpret the fossil record, trial lawyers to weigh in on "unintended acceleration", or purveyors of untested drugs which pass as supplements to critique health articles. Any of these will be quite happy to do the reporter's job for them.

The reporter could also learn basic science - you can do MIT courses free, online - or ask the scientists themselves. Reporters can do quality work if they wish, at least if they have a readership that values information more than entertainment. But that's more work, something human nature tends to avoid. There's some pretty good newspaper science reportage and also flavor of the day and breathless fluff based on one small sample study.

15. currer

currer Senior Member

Would you like to look at this link, howtoescape?http://johnpilger.com/articles/the-invisible-government

It is by a respected British journalist who has become very concerned by the drop in investigative standards in journalism and the publishing of official press releases (presented as fact) without any criticism or acknowledgement of thir source.

"For what the public did not know was that in order to be professional, journalists had to ensure that news and opinion were dominated by official sources, and that has not changed.
    Go through the New York Times on any day, and check the sources of the main political stories--domestic and foreign--you'll find they're dominated by government and other established interests.
    That is the essence of professional journalism
    I am not suggesting that independent journalism was or is excluded, but it is more likely to be an honorable exception. Think of the role Judith Miller played in the New York Times in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. Yes, her work became a scandal, but only after it played a powerful role in promoting an invasion based on lies."

"Yet, Miller's parroting of official sources and vested interests was not all that different from the work of many famous Times reporters, such as the celebrated W.H. Lawrence, who helped cover up the true effects of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in August, 1945. "No Radioactivity in Hiroshima Ruin," was the headline on his report, and it was false
    Consider how the power of this invisible government has grown. In 1983 the principle global media was owned by 50 corporations, most of them American. In 2002 this had fallen to just 9 corporations. Today it is probably about 5. Rupert Murdoch has predicted that there will be just three global media giants, and his company will be one of them. This concentration of power is not exclusive of course to the United States."

16. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Absolutely, but it is only half the story.

It is not even only about journalists and what they can or will investigate, but it really boils down to what they editors are willing to publish. There is a number of capable journalists out there willing to investigate and write about vaccines, but are told by editors in no uncertain terms not to go there. One editor that did dare publish very comprehensive and informative articles + a long interview with Wakefield (Observer, few years ago), was swiftly punished by his superiors/paper owners for such misbehaviour.

Murdoch is only top of the iceberg. Btw James Murdoch came on board of GSK very shortly after Sunday Times Wakefield witchhunt. He was welcomed by the company 'for the media relation expertise' that he was bringing on board. This too is only tip of the iceberg...

currer likes this.
  17. lookinglass

lookinglass

Well spotted Currer. Thankyou.

currer likes this.
  18. lookinglass

lookinglass

http://www.ageofautism.com/dr-andrew-wakefield/

Not only does AW have a fine voice, he has a finely tuned sense of the absurd. This is one of those examples. Even under great duress he is able to retain a sense of proportion and humour. He needs both to survive the venom in the snakepits that wait to devour him whole.

natasa778, Ian and currer like this.
  19. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    One really does wonder about the attempts of "mind control" and those responsible. Collapsed in Accident and Emergency where a psychiatrist was deemed the "treatment" for "all in your mind". That is to talk me out it. Quite a snakepit.

20. lookinglass

lookinglass

My sympathies Enid. BP variables. Arrythmias. Dramatically so. And they think it's all in the mind. Hey Ho. Onwards and Upwards Enid.

See more popular forum discussions.