• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Alan Gurwitt's roadmap for US advocacy for ME/CFS

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Interesting guest piece on Jennie Spotila's blog by Dr Alan Gurwitt:

http://www.occupycfs.com/2015/06/13/stuck-four-months-of-almost-nothing/

He's attempting to provide a roadmap forward.

One issue he brings up is the need for a national ME/CFS organisation, which does indeed seem long overdue. Some interesting comments on that. As an outsider, it seems odd to me that there's no national organisation for the US. In the UK, we've got four major ones and a load of others. I know we're only a fifth the size of the US in terms of population, but still! Is it normal for diseases to only have charities at the state level rather than national level in the US? Are there special difficulties in setting up something national?

I'm aware of the problems with the CAA (now Solve ME/CFS) but is it surprising that nothing else has emerged to take its place as a national group?

Some interesting comments already.

Thanks for hosting the post, @jspotila! :thumbsup:

Sean

In fairness to us, and among other reasons, we need to wait on the final P2P report before we have a clear picture of what we have to work with.

But otherwise, yes.