1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Don't know what to do, need help!

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by girlfromeurope, Dec 26, 2013.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Seeing you have B12 deficiency, you arent going to be able to compare ratios with what others are doing as obviously you will need a higher ratio of B12 then someone who hasnt got B12 deficiency.

If you having issues with getting your supplements right.. maybe it would be a good idea to take a step back and just sort on fixing your B12 deficiency first and then come back to this with starting off at the normal procotols which are done here to see how things go. Treating with supplements isnt a race but should be done cautiously as everything interacts with everything else (over taking something could screw up other ratios and cause new deficiencies which may be complicated to work out)... and you dont want folate masking B12 deficiency.

Experiment slow with the principle in mind to do no harm.

You said you dont take other Bs. When I was naturopathy collage we were taught that if one has a deficiency in one B.. there are often problems with other Bs too. You may want to consider taking a multi B vitamin too (note some countries have the start of their normal range in still deficiency levels)
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    girlfromeurope likes this.
  2. veronica_corningstone

veronica_corningstone

I take potassium at up to 1g per dose, up to 7 times per day when I'm in a crisis for it.

I realized yesterday that I cannot take enough potassium to keep up with my needs for it, so have cut my mB12.

Over the last 6 weeks, I'd stabilized my potassium needs (by lowering B1, B2, B3) and was taking 2-3g/day. I was taking about 4mg mB12, 4mg aB12, and 4mg hB12.

The hB12 I take is out of stock, so I thought I'd try slowing switching over to more mB12, while cutting down on hB12.

I got up to 6mg m12 and wow, I felt amazing for awhile, but then the low potassium symptoms started creeping back in. I upped my potassium supplementation, but couldn't keep up. On Tuesday, I took 6g and then got really sick overnight Tuesday night because of low potassium. I didn't take my multi-B or any b12/methylfolate yesterday. I would take 1g of potassium and in about an hour, felt more comfortable and sleepy and would finally fall asleep, but then would awaken a couple of hours later to low potassium symptoms again, so I would start the cycle again. By nighttime, I was feeling a lot more stable and am definitely better today, although tired and sore.

But I'm back down to 4mg mB12.

This has shown me that mB12 is far more powerful for me than hB12.

Also saw on Yasko's forum that licorice can increase need for potassium.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  3. Lou

Lou Senior Member

southeast US

Good for you, but at those doses of potassium I would consider myself playing with fire. And not because I might in special circumstance need 7g of potassium, but that I got myself into that special circumstance.
    girlfromeurope likes this.
  4. girlfromeurope

girlfromeurope

Belgium
    I still feel terrible. Don't know if its from high potassium or low
    Taking potassium doesn't make me feel better
    And cutting back on potassium while on b12 makes me feel worse
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.