• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Donation matching at everyclick for Invest in ME UK Centre of Excellence

Kate_UK

Kate_UK

This has 10 days left to run. Some information about the proposed centre...

The proposal is located around the Norwich Research Park in Norfolk. This area contains world-class facilities with a leading university (the University of East Anglia (UEA)), leading research institutes and a modern flagship hospital (the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital) - all of which complement the necessary biomedical research which would take place.......................

The service would include a clinical biomedical lead consultant who would perform correct diagnosis (using the international standard Canadian Consensus Guidelines), perform a full examination using a standard clinical protocol and, once patients have been formally diagnosed as having ME, administer possible treatments and participate in biomedical research into the disease. ................

Our initial proposal for research which has been discussed with researchers at the UEA, would aim to initiate studies using TGAC sequencing facility at the Norwich Research Park which would allow all known and unknown viruses present to be identified in a cohort of well defined patients.

Allied to this would be biomedical research projects the first of which would examine the possible link between ME and gut inflammation......................................................

from http://www.investinme.org/Research - ME Institute.htm