1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Doing the dishes

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Plum, Sep 7, 2013.

1. xxRinxx

xxRinxx

Paducah, Kentucky
    I have a high computer chair(the comfy padded kind..haha) I use to wash dishes, cook, and fold clothes in. Makes a woorrrlldd of difference for me. I can't cook dinner if I have to stand, but I got that chair and I'm back to cooking and baking and loving it. Its a rolly kind, so I can scoot around the kitchen(I know..sounds hilarious but it works!). Though I do cheat because my roommate puts them up for me when I'm feeling particularly puny.
    Plum likes this.
  2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I strongly suggest not using aluminum in contact with hot food.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Let's start a new thread. I'm pretty new at this OI thing. I'm sure there are people who know more than I do, so it would be helpful to have more people with experience able to chime in with their knowledge.
    ahimsa and Sasha like this.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Aluminium and heat is less of a problem than aluminium and acid. Acidic food will dissolve aluminium and increase absorption, especially under heat. This includes lemon juice and tomato for sure, and probably vinegar.
    Sasha likes this.
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I did my share of scooting around in my computer chair this year. Its our version of roller skating?

My only dishwasher is me. I do it like I do cooking - a minute up, a whole lot of time sitting down. So the first thing I do is soak the dish/es. Rest. Then I clean. Rest. Then I rinse and put in a rack. Rest. All of this with only a few items of course.

I also limit my utensils, cooking gear and plates, like SilverbladeTE . Sadly though there is usually one dirty plate and a cup and something that just sits there like a permanent fixture in the kitchen.
    Plum likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.