Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by sianrecovery, Jul 1, 2013.
sounds like a plan!
I live in Europe, and made the mistake of ordering from iHerb.
First of all, it's not immediately obvious that they ship from the US - their site presents itself as an EU site.
Secondy, they force you to make separate orders once you spend over a certain amount ($50 I think), which is annoying.
Thirdly (and this is the real problem), because they ship from outside the EU, customs will seize your packages, and you have to go through the entire rigamarole of dealing with them (faxing documentation, proof of purchase, inordinate phone calls, and of course weeks of waiting), all topped off by paying the customs tax.
I would love to find a cheap source of high dosage methylfolate here in Europe. Anyone?
1) the site does not represent itself as an EU site shipping from within the EU
3) customs are not controlled by Iherb, even so, customs do not seize packages coming from outside the EU - I live in the EU and I know that for a fact. The fact that you had one bad encounter with your local customs is not worthy of being stated as a general rule. Your are presenting the seizing of packages at customs because they come from outside of EU as the rule, that is a lie.
4) Iherb informs you that there may be additional taxes, nobody hides that information from you. It has nothing to do with iherb, it's a local tax thing, valid from any purchase from outside your country/EU from any vendor.
You can order good quality supplements through Amazon uk. I get a lot that way but also buy from Biocare, fish oil from Natures Best/Lamberts.
1) if you go to iherb.com from within the EU, the URL is http://eu.iherb.com/ They even guess which country you are in, and ask you to confirm, much in the same way as Amazon does. To the causal first time visitor, as I was, there is no obvious indicator that your shipment will be from outside the EU.
2) this was my personal experience. I can't recall the precise details, but the customer service representative told me that because my order was over a certain value, I would have to split into 2 separate orders. This doubled the hassle I had with the customs, as I they got the 2 orders mixed up, and I had to send twice the amount of paperwork.
3) I live in Italy, and the customs here will always seize foodstuffs or medicine coming from outside the EU. I'm not blaming iHerb for that fact, but I am blaming them for misleading people that they are based in the EU. I wouldn't have ordered from them if I had known they were shipping from the US.
The key point is that they are pretty much useless for people in the EU. You're going to receive your shipment in 2 months, after dealing with hassle from customs, and paying extra in customs. I just wanted people to be aware of that. If you're happy to deal with that, fine, go ahead and buy from them.
Iherb is not useless for people in the EU, it does not take 2 months to receive a shippment from them.
I've received shippments from them in a week, no customs problems whatsoever. A lot of other people have too.
thanks for the reply. Yes, I use Amazon quite a bit, but it's not very cheap.
I'm wondering if there I would love to find a cheap source of high dosage methylfolate (15mg) here in Europe.
Some websites I've seen linked here include:
I'm planning on trying these when I get some time. I also recall someone mentioned a cheap Chinese bulk supplier - does anyone have a link for that?
I used iHerb once. Customs fees amounted to 50 euros (including a ridiculous "processing fee"), and involved a delay of several days while everything was processed. I was also confused about their European site implying that it would be shipped from a European source.
I absolutely would never order from iHerb again. It's just far cheaper and faster to get the same items from a European source.
I am in the UK, and buy many supplements from www.healthmonthly.co.uk, who I find are nearly always much cheaper than anyone else. They are located on the island of Jersey. Shipping to Europe is quite cheap, usually around £2 if it is just one or two jars of supplements.
A quick search on methylfolate reveals several supplements in stock, but not the very high dose of 15,000 mcg you are looking for.
Why such a high dose? Rich Van Konynenburg's methylation protocol only uses 200 mcg of methylfolate daily. What sort of protocol are you doing that requires 15,000 mcg ?
I also use www.healthmonthly.co.uk and find them very reasonable. Delivery hasn't been as quick as some but I have found its a good service.
You can also try a Google Site Search
Separate names with a comma.