1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Doesn't it have to be the Gut?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Red04, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    It takes half the total B12 in the body to provide the liver with the capacity to detoxify, both methylation and ATP, in the ways it does. And that all includes C}LCF and methylfolate too.
  2. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

I didn't know B12 helps the liver detoxify, that's good news. Do you mean that l-carnitine fumarate and methylfolate help detoxify it, too?
  3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Violeta,

The liver does a huge amount of detox work. It takes energy to do that. As half ot the entire body's b12 supply is working b12 in the liver, and when there is cell damage, releases it into the blood, which is why high b12 levels, without supplementing, say above 5000 or so, is often a sign of liver damage. SAM-e is directly considered to aid detox in the liver and SAM-e is a product of MeCbl and methylfolate. ATP works with enzymes which the liver produces lots of, for detoxifying all sorts of things. So while the pathways are directly the results of all 4 of the deadlock quartet I don't know how the language would properly say that they aid in detox.
  4. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

@Freddd, ok, I see what you mean, thanks!
  5. yukito

yukito

Thanks to share.

Maybe she has good instincts,and feels like there is something imperfect or lacking in what she takes.Like somebody that forget his lenses or don't want to wear them,sign that they are not anymore adapted as they were once or not enough, lacking of something.
    I was wondering, if despite, she is cured,able to love and make others happy,succeed in his life.She doesn't reach real happinness with the protocol?
    I mean Could happiness to take his supplementation be a symptom of perfect ballance of what body needs and unwillingness of taking it,be a symptom of something being imperfect,NOT SUSTAINABLE IN THE LONG RUN ?
    pure speculation of course, but your post inspired me this.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.