1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does Zinc Carnosine help zinc deficiency?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by PeterPositive, Jun 17, 2014.

1. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Hi all,
    I am taking 3x Zinc-Carnosine capsules/day to help healing the stomach and intestinal mucosa.

Does it also help with zinc deficiency? I've read conflicting information about Zinc-Carnosine being or not being a good provider of elemental zinc.

Should I add another form of zinc such as zinc-methionine?

What do you think?
    Thanks
  2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Zinc carnosine is a good zinc source, no need to add others.
    maryb likes this.
  3. PeterPositive

Thanks adreno.
  4. end

end Senior Member

Liquid Zn is even better. I know another CFS patient who received drastic improvements is plasma Zn concentrations after supplementing with the liquid Zn form

Zn tablets were ineffective(including Zinc Carnosine)

He also has pre and post testing to prove he's claim's

I noted the same improvements after following the protocol that was given to him by he's doctor. He also claimed improved Testosterone levels which my testing correlated with

At the very least take your Zn tablets/caps along with HCL/Pepsin as this digestive enzyme is essential in Zn absorption. Zn supplementation has proved problematic in many CFS suffers as most suffer Hypochlorhydria

**@Hip may attest to this scenario as it was discussed at length on one of he's past threads
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. PeterPositive

6. end

end Senior Member

True, as Zn participates in many enzymatic functions

Have you trialled a PPI? As most CFS patients suffer Hypochlorhydria, there could be exceptions

This is almost identical to the product my friend and myself have used: http://www.detoxpeople.eu/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1376
  7. PeterPositive

No haven't tried PPIs.

Will try the ionic Zinc. Thanks!

See more popular forum discussions.