1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does resistant starch cause prevotella growth?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lizw118, Jun 30, 2014.

1. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

I read on this site: http://digestivehealthinstitute.org/2014/03/24/resistant-starch/#_edn11
    that prevotella growth can be exacerbated by RS. This is troubling to me because I already know that prevotella tends to be overgrown for me (via fecal testing). In fact, I am on long term metronidazole and sometimes I suspect that the reason it makes me feel better is because it keeps the prevotella at bay. I don't want to go against that by taking RS if it make prevotella worse, though. Thoughts?

Sushi likes this.
  2. end

end Senior Member

• RA has been linked to increased intestinal populations ofPrevotella copri and a decrease in Bacteroides strains,[10] Yet Prevotella is associated with carbohydrate-based diets while Bacteroides is associated with animal-based diets.[11]
    I didn't know RS could do that. Thanks for the heads up

lizw118 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.