1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does resistant starch cause prevotella growth?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lizw118, Jun 30, 2014.

1. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

I read on this site: http://digestivehealthinstitute.org/2014/03/24/resistant-starch/#_edn11
    that prevotella growth can be exacerbated by RS. This is troubling to me because I already know that prevotella tends to be overgrown for me (via fecal testing). In fact, I am on long term metronidazole and sometimes I suspect that the reason it makes me feel better is because it keeps the prevotella at bay. I don't want to go against that by taking RS if it make prevotella worse, though. Thoughts?
    Sushi likes this.
  2. end

end Senior Member

• RA has been linked to increased intestinal populations ofPrevotella copri and a decrease in Bacteroides strains,[10] Yet Prevotella is associated with carbohydrate-based diets while Bacteroides is associated with animal-based diets.[11]
    I didn't know RS could do that. Thanks for the heads up
    lizw118 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.