• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does most of the general population have EBV, and HHV6 elevated Igg?

drob31

I know Igg is past infection. I got my numbers back and I'm not sure how to quantify them. Would most people in the general population have similar numbers because:

1. 90% of people have had the infection
2. They all produce Igg antibodies

Or, are the Igg antibodies considered "high" for Igg?

HHV 6 IgG Antibodies 5.27 High
Negative <0.76

Equivocal 0.76 - 0.99

Positive >0.99

EBV Ab VCA, IgG 32.0 High
Negative <18.0

Equivocal 18.0 - 21.9

Positive >21.9

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have been told by many docs, " oh everyone had been exposed to that your numbers don't mean anything". But CFS docs look at high IgG and believe they are significant.

My NP saw my high IgG levels of EBV, hhv6 and cmv and immediate commented that they were high and put me on antivirals.

And ID saw I had high CMV IgM and doesn't think I have an active infection because it didn't show in PCR.

It depends on who's reading the labs imo

So to your question. Probably.

drob31

That's what I was thinking. Maybe the viral load was a factor the average person could handle, but it was the straw that breaks the camels back for someone with CFS or related syndrome. Also, maybe it's enough to trigger autoimmunity. Maybe lowering titers could have an effect as well.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I think that is what docs think. Regular folks don't even notice or feel w little sick and recover. Im not sure about the autoimmunity part.

Mine disease was slightly different. I was being treated by an endocrinologist at the time. He misdiagnosed me with an adrenal disease then treated me with cortef. I already had gotten allergies I never had before so when I got the virus I was done. The treatment I believe was what messed up my immune system and left me open for this. I had mono in high school so I'm guessing that played a roll in it.

No cortef no ME? I'll never know.