1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does methylation help to detox mold toxins?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by musicfreak, May 15, 2013.

1. musicfreak

musicfreak

Canada
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if methylation helps with mold toxins?

I'm aware of taking cholestyramine or cholestepure. Also foot detox pads and baths.

I was taking cholestepure but it's rather expensive so bought another brand of phytosterols but don't know if it will be effective or not. I have a pack of 10 foot detox pads that I will use but may not buy more after that. I'm low income as I don't work so trying to find cheaper alternatives that work. I'm hoping doing detox baths, the cheaper phytosterols and methylation might help.

I also reduce my mold exposure by diffusing Thieves Oil. I've since moved from my old place and I'm in a fairly new place now so not sure I need to do it but doing anyway to be sure. I have lived in many places and always felt the same but I do know my last place had mold. I wasn't aware when I move in as the people had the window open to air it out when they showed me the place so I didn't notice it was musty. :(

I did the VCS test and passed it so that test did nothing for me. Previously I did an energetic test and found I have high mold toxins in my body (180,000, I know some are much worse at 500,000).

In searching for more info I came across this recent study that says 93% of CFS/ME patients test positive for mold toxins. http://globalindoorhealthnetwork.co...tients_with_Chronic_Fatigue_Syndrome_2013.pdf

It seems methylation would help but wondering if anyone has experience with this?

Thanks.
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    musicfreak
    I found some of Rich's posts on mold. It seems like he's saying that mold needs to be dealt with directly. Eliminating/reducing exposure and possible detox methods. He mentioned Cholestyramine as a treatment. That's also used sometimes for dealing with metal toxicity and toxins associated with Lyme. I think it needs to be taken away from prescription medications and supplements. I've heard some people tolerate it well and others have a bad reaction. There is at least one or two threads about Cholestyramine and you might also want to check out Slaydragon's threads about mold.
  3. musicfreak

musicfreak

Canada
    Hi Lotus. Thanks for finding that info for me. It's overwhelming sometimes the multiple things we have to deal with with this illness! I don't believe for me correcting the methylation cycle will make all my problems go away. I know I have to deal with other problems as well.

I decided not to do Cholestyramine as I spoke to a couple people that have hypothyroidism and although they took their meds far apart from Cholestyramine, they ended up going hypothyroid. So I didn't want to deal with that. Cholestepure works almost as well but I'm trying another brand as it's cheaper. Not sure it will work the same or not.

I'll check out Slaydrogon's threads. Thanks.
    Lotus97 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.