1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does kdm prescribe abx for long periods of time?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by anniekim, Jul 7, 2011.

1. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    I know that Dr kdm prescribes abx followed by probiotics, pulsing, one week abx, 3 weeks probiotics, then seems to follow this pattern for at least a few months. I also appreciate that the abx and probiotics he prescribes are dependent on what the gut tests show etc..

However, what I am trying to establish is does dr kdm prescribe this probiotics and antibiotics protocol for a very long time, ie years, rather than months?

Thanks in advance

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    No single answer here: it depends on the patient, their tests, and their response. Some are not given antibiotics at all.

Sushi

3. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    The doctor I am seeing follows this KDM protocol fairly closely, however I have only been on it for a couple of months. I could ask next time I go for my appointment which is on the 21st July I think.

4. drewmaster

drewmaster

I think Anniekim had a slightly different question ... does he SOMETIMES prescribe antibiotics long-term (along with probiotics, of course)? That is a very interesting question, given the harm that long-term AB usage can wreak. Anyone know the answer?

Drew

5. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Hi Drew, yes, you are right I was asking if some of his patients are kept on abx for many years. Don't think I articulated it very well so thanks for clarifying.

Francelle, thank you for offering to ask your doc my question, that would be great.

6. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I have never heard of him keeping patients on antibiotics for years, but then I am not in touch with all his patients. The ones I know have had antibiotics prescribed (followed by probiotics) only for a period of months. Others may know more though.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.