• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

does kdm prescribe abx for long periods of time?

anniekim

I know that Dr kdm prescribes abx followed by probiotics, pulsing, one week abx, 3 weeks probiotics, then seems to follow this pattern for at least a few months. I also appreciate that the abx and probiotics he prescribes are dependent on what the gut tests show etc..

However, what I am trying to establish is does dr kdm prescribe this probiotics and antibiotics protocol for a very long time, ie years, rather than months?

Thanks in advance

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I know that Dr kdm prescribes abx followed by probiotics, pulsing, one week abx, 3 weeks probiotics, then seems to follow this pattern for at least a few months. I also appreciate that the abx and probiotics he prescribes are dependent on what the gut tests show etc..

However, what I am trying to establish is does dr kdm prescribe this probiotics and antibiotics protocol for a very long time, ie years, rather than months?

Thanks in advance

No single answer here: it depends on the patient, their tests, and their response. Some are not given antibiotics at all.

Sushi

Francelle

The doctor I am seeing follows this KDM protocol fairly closely, however I have only been on it for a couple of months. I could ask next time I go for my appointment which is on the 21st July I think.

MonkeyMan

No single answer here: it depends on the patient, their tests, and their response. Some are not given antibiotics at all.

Sushi

I think Anniekim had a slightly different question ... does he SOMETIMES prescribe antibiotics long-term (along with probiotics, of course)? That is a very interesting question, given the harm that long-term AB usage can wreak. Anyone know the answer?

Drew

anniekim

I think Anniekim had a slightly different question ... does he SOMETIMES prescribe antibiotics long-term (along with probiotics, of course)? That is a very interesting question, given the harm that long-term AB usage can wreak. Anyone know the answer?

Drew

Hi Drew, yes, you are right I was asking if some of his patients are kept on abx for many years. Don't think I articulated it very well so thanks for clarifying.

Francelle, thank you for offering to ask your doc my question, that would be great.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Drew, yes, you are right I was asking if some of his patients are kept on abx for many years. Don't think I articulated it very well so thanks for clarifying.

Francelle, thank you for offering to ask your doc my question, that would be great.

I have never heard of him keeping patients on antibiotics for years, but then I am not in touch with all his patients. The ones I know have had antibiotics prescribed (followed by probiotics) only for a period of months. Others may know more though.

Sushi