• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

does kdm do telephone appointments?

anniekim

I was wondering whether Dr KDM does telephone appointments from the start, or only once you have seen him in person at least once? I think the answer is he needs to see the person face to face at least once, but just thought I would check.

Many thanks in advance

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I think he would need to see you face to face there are forms to fill in and he has to tell you what blood tests he wants to do, you have them taken at the clinic at the same time. It would be difficult to sort it out from the UK I would think, it was bad enough sending a stool sample to the USA from here never mind blood:( We are so backward, my GP did let her nurse do a blood test for Dr Myhill once but I wouldn't ask her again, she was ver derogatory about her thereafter.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was wondering whether Dr KDM does telephone appointments from the start, or only once you have seen him in person at least once? I think the answer is he needs to see the person face to face at least once, but just thought I would check.

Many thanks in advance

He has to see you in person I believe--both for legal reasons for prescribing and diagnosing, testing and also, to be able to have a face to face consultation which is much more telling than a phone consult. I flew to Belgium to see him--it was hard and beforehand I didn't know if I would make it, but I did and am glad.

Best,
Sushi