• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does Cannabis Oil stimulate TH1 or TH2?

Does anyone here know if taking cannabis oil would stimulate TH1 or TH2 ? Or does it depend on how much the amount of THC & CBD in it?

So it would not be a good idea for a person to ingest cannabis oil if they happen to be TH2 dominant like 96% of cancer patients?

Hip

So it would not be a good idea for a person to ingest cannabis oil if they happen to be TH2 dominant like 96% of cancer patients?

Th1 is considered more helpful in cancer, but as far as I am aware, the Th1 / Th2 balance does not play a major role in cancer (but I don't really have much knowledge in this area).

So in taking Cannabis oil for cancer, you would have to decide whether the anti-cancer effects of THC and CBD outweigh the (likely slight) shift to Th2 that these compounds cause. I would guess that in cancers which are susceptible to Cannabis (types of brain cancers and breast cancers are susceptible), the anti-cancer effects of Cannabis would likely far outweigh any problems a shift to Th2 might produce.

In any case, there are many supplements which shift the immune response to Th1 (such as those listed in this post), so you could probably easy compensate for any Th2 shift Cannabis causes by taking a few of these Th1 boosters along with Cannabis oil.