• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone live/have info about trailer living with MCS/mold sensitivity?

GypsyGirl

@Toxed
Thank you for sharing that info! I didn't make any further progress on getting a trailer. The paint fumes to which I was reacting so badly dissipated after I changed the main a/c filter in the apartment to a much higher quality (and activated carbon) filter.

I think my sensitivity has also been going down a bit as I've been treating other conditions (mold poisoning, endocrine issues, Lyme disease).

I'm keeping this info though; coping with daily MCS has been the most difficult challenge. It's a minefield.

Toxed

Certified in Environmental Medicine, ATSDR
@GypsyGirl Glad you figured out the filter fix! Lots of times there's so much going on its exhausting just figuring out the problem. It feels like chasing a mouse thats got into the house! Sorry your sliding down the slippery slope.:( Have you tried the broccoli trick for endocrine system problems?

GypsyGirl

@Toxed I don't know what the broccoli trick is, so I'm guessing I haven't tried it. Um...what is it? I mean, I like tricks. :p (I do generally avoid uncooked broccoli and other goitrogens as I have some hypothyroid issues.)

Dainty

Back in....oh I'm not certain how many years ago, nearly a decade? More? My parents used my college savings to purchase a Tad Taylor MCS "porcelain" trailer sight unseen and have it delivered across the country! My MCS had become so severe the only place I could be was in a stripped down bathroom, and even there was still having severe reactions.

The trailer saved my life, and I lived in it for 8 years or so.

Now I no longer need it and am looking for someone to sell it to! We paid 45,000 for it. It uses CeramiCircuit heaters. PM for further details if you like. :)

I will say, it develops mold in humid environments. Anything near the coast will. The advantage of this trailer is pretty much everything's metal, so there's nothing for the mold to eat. Which means it can be cleaned thoroughly. It's been addressed with vinegar, extremely high heat, and shock ozone treatments.

I currently live in a minivan, and wear a chemical cartridge respirator (a.k.a. gas mask) when out of it. It took a couple months to make the minivan tolerable, and it wouldn't have been for me years ago.

Best of luck in your search, I know it's not easy!