Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does anyone know where Dr. Bested is now?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Snookum96, May 20, 2015.

1. Snookum96

Snookum96 Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    I have heard she is back in Ontario but all I can find is an address on Ellesmere Road and I don't know if it's current.
    Thanks!

2. darroo

darroo Senior Member

I dont think she's practising anymore atm. too much politics within the health community in canada. everyones going to usa or brussels for treatment

Snookum96 likes this.
  3. Oberon

Oberon Senior Member

If you're in Ontario, I've searched wide and far for help but there really isn't much available for CFS. The bet bet is probably Womans College Hospital's Environmental Health Clinic which I'm currently in my 2nd month of an 8 month wait list, so I'd recommend getting a referral as soon as possible even if you find an alternative option in between that time. Even WCH will only see you up to a maximum of 3 times and only works in conjunction with your general practitioner.

Snookum96 likes this.
  4. darroo

darroo Senior Member

I was at womens college already. theres only so much they will offer you. They don`t have much resources. everyone who chooses to persue is going to europe or states for treatment options and even that isn`t guaranteed

5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

i would suggest that we are long overdue for a national campaign for increased research funding for ME and FM in Canada. The care we are currently receiving in this country is unacceptable. We shouldn't have to source care from out of country (but I understand those who do and I have myself spent a fair amount of money).

Snookum96 and shannah like this.
  6. darroo

darroo Senior Member

its crazy out here thats for sure is it a church or a hospital, with their belief system.

Kati likes this.
  7. Oberon

Oberon Senior Member

Good to know about WCH, I'm going to a Naturopath now to run some tests, but if that and WCH doesn't pan I'll be joining the club of people who go out of country for treatment.

8. darroo

darroo Senior Member

they aren't allowed to make suggestions either like which vitamins to take otherwise they will be held accountable. start planning based on your symptoms where you would like to go, brussels or usa. I like KDM's focus. but $$

9. Oberon

Oberon Senior Member

Is KDM much more expensive than doctors in the USA?

10. Snookum96

Snookum96 Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    I am on the wait list for women's college, also in the second month of the wait. I did get in to have Skype appt with Dr. Hyde so I'm hoping he can at least tell my doctor how to order some of the tests I have asked her for. She didn't know how to order a tilt table test or a Lyme disease test so I'm not really going into these apps with much.

See more popular forum discussions.