1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does anyone know what headache and malaise when shaking the head means?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by A.B., May 25, 2014.

1. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

When I shake my head, even for just a few seconds, I get headache and a feeling somewhere between nausea and dizziness in the head. This unpleasant feeling is actually constantly there, I've just learned to ignore it. Car drives on uneven or curved roads have the same effect and can get very unpleasant (as far as I can tell, it's not related to visual sensation of movement, but the kinetic force the head is subject to) .

Does anyone have an idea what this means?

(I'm not sure in which subforum this should go so I'm posting here)

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    Sounds like some inner ear thing.

3. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I get it too @A.B. I am always careful how I move my head. I don't like any jolts or bumps. I find even nodding my head gives me problems.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
    minkeygirl and WillowJ like this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Inflammation.

rosie26 likes this.
  5. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

What makes you think inflammation?

6. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I used to have this. I'm not sure what was causing it but eliminating my food intolerances and chemicals helped. So inflammation would make sense in my case.

Caffeine maybe ? It took a few months for me to feel the full benefits of eliminating caffeine for the first time in my life. I barely use any caffeine nowadays so any change is too small to notice.

And maybe it was a side effect of being upright too long regularly. Now I lay down frequently for an hour at a time to relieve my pots symptom / hypoperfusion.

Hth .. x

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  7. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Can't think of anything else it could possibly be! And my constant ME headache is probably related to inflammation, since fish oil keeps it under control. Also I have similar issues with head movements when it's bad.

rosie26 likes this.
  8. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Headaches can be a sign of dehydration.

I've been getting mild ones, similar to what you're describing - I don't know if it's got anything to do with the slightly milder weather, or if it's the cold and chest infection I've got.

I have not been doing any "head-banging" for decades.

rosie26 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.