1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does anyone know anything about Eva Szomolanyi-Tsuda, M.D.

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Rrrr, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

does anyone know anything about this researcher/doctor? she is on the new ME/CFS grants review panel
    _____

http://www.umassmed.edu/faculty/show.cfm?faculty=400

faculty

Section: Research
    Rotations
    Eva Szomolanyi-Tsuda, M.D.
    Academic Role: Associate Professor
    Faculty Appointment(s) and Affiliations:
    School of Medicine
    Pathology
    Graduate School of Biomedical SciencesImmunology and Virology Graduate Program Programs, Centers & Institutes
    Center for AIDS Research

Dr. Eva Szomolanyi-Tsuda
    Interactions of viral gene products and host immune systems

Our major goal is to understand how viral gene products and different components of the host immune system interact and contribute to the outcome of tumor virus infections. We study pathogenesis in polyomavirus-infected mice, which offers an excellent system to approach these questions. Depending on the state of the immune system polyomavirus infection causes very different diseases in adult mice. SCID mice which have no functional T and B cells die of an acute myeloproliferative disease. Mice which have B cells but no T and NK cells develop tumors. We study the role of different components of the immune system in regulating polyomavirus.

We have made the novel observation that polyomavirus induces a protective T cell-independent antibody response in T cell-deficient mice. We are currently investigating the role of non-T cell derived factors, which might be important in vivo during virus infection in this process, and the antiviral mechanisms involved in the T cell-independent antibody-mediated virus clearance.
  2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Hey Rrrr - I haven't heard of her before, but glad you ran across this. Articles like this one may not be in the crosshairs right now, but its studies like these that could lead us to the best treatments or "cures" (who knows).

See more popular forum discussions.