• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone in the UK want to split earplug postage costs with me? :D

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
I need to buy earplugs from www.earplugstore.com in America (you can't get the earplugs I use in Britain) but the postage to the UK costs $62…
Are there any earplug aficionados in the UK who might be interested in clubbing together to consolidate everything in one order and split the postage costs?

Last edited:

Woolie

What earplugs do you use, @wolfita? Maybe another way of getting them more cheaply? Bet the make them in Asia somewhere anyway.

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
Nope, they're Moldex Comets 6490 and you can only get them from America AFAIK. In this country they do 6420s which are a different shape and don't work for me.

Undisclosed

There is no way the postage should be that much. Maybe find a member in the US, have them sent there and then have the member mail them to you at a much reduced cost.

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
It is $26.50 if you spend <$45 but if you spend more they insist on sending it tracked. It's all right, I'll just buy <$45 worth, I can't handle any hassle atm.

Living Dead

For that price you could nearly get hand-made plugs tailored to your specific ears. They last for a long time.

Hip

I need to buy earplugs from www.earplugstore.com in America (you can't get the earplugs I use in Britain) but the postage to the UK costs $62…

Sixty two dollars for postage!?! Insane.

I use a very similar earplug to the one you are interested in, called Moldex Rockets. You can buy Moldex Rockets on the UK eBay for less than £3 a pair including delivery.

And you can buy Moldex Comets on the UK eBay for less than £2 including delivery.

Moldex Rockets have slightly more sound reduction compared Moldex Comets: a 30dB noise reduction for the Rockets, and a 27dB reduction for the Comets.

I have yet to try the Moldex Twistors, which look even better in terms of blocking out sound, providing a 34dB noise reduction.

See the manufacturer's website for more info.