May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does anyone in the UK want to split earplug postage costs with me? :D

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Wolfiness, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Wolfiness

Wolfiness Activity Level 0

UK
    I need to buy earplugs from www.earplugstore.com in America (you can't get the earplugs I use in Britain) but the postage to the UK costs $62…
    Are there any earplug aficionados in the UK who might be interested in clubbing together to consolidate everything in one order and split the postage costs?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. Woolie

Woolie Senior Member

What earplugs do you use, @wolfita? Maybe another way of getting them more cheaply? Bet the make them in Asia somewhere anyway.

3. Wolfiness

UK
    Nope, they're Moldex Comets 6490 and you can only get them from America AFAIK. In this country they do 6420s which are a different shape and don't work for me.

4. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
  5. Wolfiness

UK
    It does say 6490, but the earplugs pictured are the 6420 model, not the 6490. I've emailed the seller…

sarah darwins likes this.
  6. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    There is no way the postage should be that much. Maybe find a member in the US, have them sent there and then have the member mail them to you at a much reduced cost.

sarah darwins likes this.
  7. Wolfiness

UK
    It is $26.50 if you spend <$45 but if you spend more they insist on sending it tracked. It's all right, I'll just buy <$45 worth, I can't handle any hassle atm.

8. Living Dead

Living Dead Senior Member

For that price you could nearly get hand-made plugs tailored to your specific ears. They last for a long time.

9. Woolie

Woolie Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  10. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Sixty two dollars for postage!?! Insane.

I use a very similar earplug to the one you are interested in, called Moldex Rockets. You can buy Moldex Rockets on the UK eBay for less than £3 a pair including delivery.

And you can buy Moldex Comets on the UK eBay for less than £2 including delivery.

Moldex Rockets have slightly more sound reduction compared Moldex Comets: a 30dB noise reduction for the Rockets, and a 27dB reduction for the Comets.

I have yet to try the Moldex Twistors, which look even better in terms of blocking out sound, providing a 34dB noise reduction.

See the manufacturer's website for more info.

See more popular forum discussions.