The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does anyone here live in Phoenix, Arizona?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Soundthealarm21, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX
    If so, how does the weather effect you out there? How are the allergies?

2. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    Hi. I live in Tucson, about 100 miles south of Phoenix, but spend time in Phoenix (working part-time). I've lived here for 6 years now. I find I cannot tolerate the heat - it often starts going over 100 degrees in April and doesn't stop until October. Phoenix runs up to 10 degrees hotter than Tucson, often in the 110+ range in the summer. Overnight lows as high as 100 degrees!

Allergies are pretty bad... I know there's a mythos that you should come to the desert to avoid allergies. Might work if you are only allergic to grasses and molds. But when the acacia trees (Palo Verdes, mesquites) are blooming, then it's allergy city! And the winds and dust make it worse.

I'm originally from the San Francisco Bay Area. That climate is much better for me!

Just my opinion/experience.

Soundthealarm21 and Valentijn like this.
  3. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX
    Thanks for the response!

4. nenej2015

nenej2015

Southwest
    I've lived in Phx for 43 years:(:(:( the summers suck whatever energy I have right out of me. I actually daydream of being where you are if you are in te UK lol. I watch as many bbc etc shows as I can as Im beached on my stupid couch. My allergies have gotten really bad last couple years. They basically begin mid January when it gets warm enough for the ash trees to start blooming then the mulberries start blooming mid March which makes lots of people turn Into zombies. Then the bermudagrass blooms late April/early
    May through September/October....so I've only enjoyed higher function when it gets cooler - 70's - and nothing I'm allergic to is blooming. - from October-December. They actually used to send people out here from east coast etc about 60 plus years ago but everybody brought their damned plants with them lol. If you like 'dry' heat from 80's to upwards of 110 degrees for half the year and the absence of living foliage and seasons - this is the place for you

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    valentinelynx likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.