1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does anyone feel better when they dont eat?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by knackers323, Mar 6, 2011.

1. uni

uni

Adreno - I get this too

And it seems to be much worse if I don't eat enough carbs. I've tested my blood sugar during those moments and they seem to be OK. I use to tolerate fasting fine - I would get somewhat irritable and hungry, but I wouldn't feel terrible cognitively. Now I get increased brain fog, weakness, worsening of symptoms in general if I don't eat - but I don't really get hungry (I have to force myself to eat). Maybe it has something to due with the inflammation/immune system activating due to increases in norepinephrine. I notice that if I try to exercise - I "run out of glucose" much more quickly. Again, I'm not sure if its an actual low blood sugar, but it sure feels like it.
  2. Calathea

Calathea Darkness therapy

Scotland
    I feel much worse if I skip meals, I definitely can't manage any form of even partial fasting. I need to eat at regular times, with well-spaced snacks, and not to wait too long between supper and breakfast. That said, I did have a little more energy when I was dieting (May 2011 - March 2012), though the main thing I noticed was being able to shower first thing in the morning. The showering thing has vanished since I've been maintaining my weight, although I also had major surgery at the same time that I was finishing my diet, so I've been recovering from that. I also do better with carbs, though of course I'm talking about complex carbs, preferably wholegrains, rather than sugars.

For people who feel better when they skip meals and eat in a smaller window, you may find it helpful to read up on Intermittent Fasting. It's not for everyone, but I've run across quite a few people online who get on beautifully with it.
  3. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Yeap, intermittent fasting totally works for me but gets "old" after awhile. One good thing about intermittent fasting is that it appears to afford the same epigenetic changes associated with calorie restriction.
    Waverunner likes this.
  4. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    Have you tried taking the enzymes? I took the tablets forms from Kirkman for a while but they didn't help at all.
    I haven't eaten gluten for years now and I don't think that it the whole story, at least not in my case. Though I do agree it plays a role - for me, eliminating it helps a lot.
  5. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    @ athene

I did take the enzymes AND then took low dose naltrexone (LDN) for 14 months. LDN stimulates the production of opiate receptors, who were destroyed by the exorphines previously.

I bought the enzymes Probiozym at neurozym.com.
  6. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

My muscle pain went away once I was not able to eat for three days, but in order to control other symptoms I need to eat red meat, and a little rice or veggies.
  7. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
  8. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hi all,

I'm the same way. ZI feel the best when eating very lightly and low on the food chain.The only way I stay functional (able to get through a light to medium energy day and work a full time job) is by close adherance to a low protein, low fat vegan, mostly raw diet. My body blows up with inflammation whenever I eat cooked food... animal protein is the worst though.. both raw and cooked.

I think it has to do with several factors: LGS, protein metabolism issues (I have the compound MTHFR mutation), liver weakness and overall toxic load. WHen I'm very tired or sick or otherwise stressed I sometimes react to even usually "safe" foods.

Taking anti-inflammatory herbs and diamine oxidase with every meal helps me a great deal. LDN (low dose naltrexone) helped reduce my sensitivities overall.I tried many different types and brands of digestive enzymes but they didn't seem to do anything.

See more popular forum discussions.