• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone consider LDN to be a cure??

JAH

Hi Everyone,

I am about to try LDN, and after dutifully reading the entire LDN thread (a couple of weeks there..) I feel more prepared for the downside than the up. (the headaches, insomnia, dreams, "period of despair") I do not have a lot of fibromyalgia symptoms, (which LDN seems to hit) but a lot of fatigue (80% bedridden due to fatigue), have the virusy profile. Has anyone improved significantly with respect to fatigue? Does anyone feel that LDN brought you completely back? The success of rituxab has given me some hope that the autoimmune quality of LDN might affect the fatigue. From reading the threads, I also hope that some of my allergies and insomnia might also be helped.

Thanks, and my best to everyone for the holidays,

JAH

drex13

I never experienced headaches with LDN. Some insomnia in the beginning, but you can avoid this by taking it in the a.m., same with the dreams. Never experienced despair either. I don't think that LDN alone is a cure, but I think it is a valuable tool.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I certainly don't think LDN is a "cure," but it does help about half of us. The sleep problems are usually transitory and, yes, it helped me with fatigue and stamina.

I have taken it for about 2 1/2 years and would not want to give it up.

Best,
Sushi

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i would like to know if those who have used LDN have before and after blood tests of nk numbers and or function and seen improvement in these. I think having the extra endorphins is going to make people feel better but would like to see the impact on the immune system of me/cfs people.

cheers!!!

Nielk

I also couldn't tolerate it. I had adverse effects and stopped taking it. Did I stop too soon? I don't know. I had no positive benefit from it.

ldn - heapsreal

have used ldn for maybe 3-4 days a time /mth for last 4 mths so not a lot but my wbc has improved and i have not been taking much else over same time period. my wbc was always low at 3.7 (4-12) and more so my lymphocytes at 0.9 (1-4). I was shocked when a few weeks ago my wbc was 4.8 and my lymphocytes were 1.9 (basically doubled). my lymphocytes have been < 1 for close to 10 years. not sure if a lab error or not. only thing i can think of is the ldn but again i was not taking it for too many days but who knows maybe it has a lasting affect. i know studies have shown it has helped those with AIDS improve their CD4 counts (and this is a type of lymphocyte) so maybe. not sure if it has affected my NK function but with total lymphocyte count way up, then NK count would be up as NK cells are a lymphocyte.

My symptoms have not really changed much despite the improved lymphocyte count. I will also say when I have tried LDN - only 1mg that it did give me more energy but almost too much as was wired). believe endorphins increase your dopamine so maybe that is why as i know i have been experiencing some ADD and hyperthrydoidism symptoms and sure enough i have borderline thyroid antibodies and borderline high Free t3. read in early stages of hashimotos one can cycle from hyper to hypo and this feels like it for me last few years. could explain when i take b12, adrenal galndulars that they wire me as my T3 is already high- then again who knows with this mysterious disease. paradoxically i also found when i was taking ldn, my muscle pain was actually worse (have fm and me/cfs) - perhaps from immune system revving up and going after pathogens - again - who knows heh.

cheers

roge

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
have used ldn for maybe 3-4 days a time /mth for last 4 mths so not a lot but my wbc has improved and i have not been taking much else over same time period. my wbc was always low at 3.7 (4-12) and more so my lymphocytes at 0.9 (1-4). I was shocked when a few weeks ago my wbc was 4.8 and my lymphocytes were 1.9 (basically doubled). my lymphocytes have been < 1 for close to 10 years. not sure if a lab error or not. only thing i can think of is the ldn but again i was not taking it for too many days but who knows maybe it has a lasting affect. i know studies have shown it has helped those with AIDS improve their CD4 counts (and this is a type of lymphocyte) so maybe. not sure if it has affected my NK function but with total lymphocyte count way up, then NK count would be up as NK cells are a lymphocyte.

My symptoms have not really changed much despite the improved lymphocyte count. I will also say when I have tried LDN - only 1mg that it did give me more energy but almost too much as was wired). believe endorphins increase your dopamine so maybe that is why as i know i have been experiencing some ADD and hyperthrydoidism symptoms and sure enough i have borderline thyroid antibodies and borderline high Free t3. read in early stages of hashimotos one can cycle from hyper to hypo and this feels like it for me last few years. could explain when i take b12, adrenal galndulars that they wire me as my T3 is already high- then again who knows with this mysterious disease. paradoxically i also found when i was taking ldn, my muscle pain was actually worse (have fm and me/cfs) - perhaps from immune system revving up and going after pathogens - again - who knows heh.

cheers

roge

Thanks Roge, thats the type of experiences i wanted to hear about, how it has improved your immune function. I know there is alot written on it improving immune function but not much in the way of studies or personal examples like you have just given. Many people say they feel better but sometimes i wonder if its just the extra endorphins which i think will make most people feel better.

thanks again,
cheers!!!