August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Does anybody know if there is a sublingual methylfolate available?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Avalon, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Avalon

Avalon Senior Member

Oxford, England
    Hi, I note that I have had a slight increase in acid reflux after starting methylfolate and wondered whether there is sublingual product available. I am currently taking Jarrow methyfolate capsules

Thanks.

2. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

I've found the Solgar tablets will dissolve sublingually. I have no idea how well methylfolate is absorbed by that route however.

adreno likes this.
  3. Avalon

Avalon Senior Member

Oxford, England
    Brilliant!, I will check it out. I have a sensitive stomach and most folks on here take b12 as sublingual, so why not mfolate! I would also be interested to know how well absorbed it is sublingually.

4. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I have used these sublingual lozenges for a while:
    http://www.seekinghealth.com/active-b12-lozenge.html

They seem to be well absorbed, even too much for my taste! :eek::)

I got lots of anxiety with these at around 800-1000mcg with adrenaline surges that have been very unpleasant to say the least. The same doesn't happen with Metafolin taken orally, even @2000-2400mcg.

My very non-scientific interpretation is that they absorb too fast and they hit my nervous system too quickly. I have noticed the same problem with fast dissolving B12 tablets vs those that dissolve more slowly. The former typically give me some anxiety.

cheers

5. Avalon

Avalon Senior Member

Oxford, England
    I'm using Jarrow MB12, it dissolves slowly over a couple of hours or so, which is perfect for me as it spreads over the dose over the morning. I would like to take mfolate that way as it seems to affect my stomach. I was looking at seeking health active B12 but decided against it as it would be difficult to titrate but would use it once I have my individual sups upto those specified on the active b12 product label. I know Fredd says do not use Jarrow mb12, but I have found it to be good!

6. Lou

Lou Senior Member

southeast US

Wonder if they've returned to their original formula? Jarrow's once had the very best b12, but it stopped working for me when they changed it.

7. Avalon

Avalon Senior Member

Oxford, England
    It certainly works for me, so they may have adjusted in the light of historical comments made on this forum.

Lou likes this.
  8. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Are we getting B12 confused with methylfolate in this thread? I think the question was about folate.

PeterPositive likes this.
  9. Avalon

Avalon Senior Member

Oxford, England
    Agreed!!, yes really wanted to know if there is such a product as sublingual methylfolate?

10. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

11. Avalon

Avalon Senior Member

Oxford, England
    Hi Pete, really wanted to keep them split at first, then I can get the dosages up over time to the same levels as the seeking health active b12, then start taking them.

12. NilaJones

NilaJones Senior Member

Folapro is flavorless and I think it would be fine sublingually.

Heck, maybe I even took it that way :).

13. Avalon

Avalon Senior Member

Oxford, England
    Interesting thanks for the steer.

See more popular forum discussions.