Fluge & Mella's pre-trial study highlights life-changing potential of rituximab
Sasha gives the background and Simon gives the interpretation of the latest study from Haukeland, published today...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does a slightly high RBC suggest I am a poor methylator

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by anniekim, Jan 11, 2012.

1. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    A full blood count I had a while back came out normal apart from slightly high red blood count. Does anyone know whether a high RBC can suggest I am a poor methylator? Many thanks..

2. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Ah, think I am getting confused. I think it's a high MCV that indicates methylation problems as opposed to high rbc. So the size of the red blood cells as opposed to how many....

3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Annikim,

High MCV, high MCH, low platelet, lots of multisegmented neuraphils, some white cell abnormalities I forget the specifics of and other things. Low mb12 and/or methylfolate can cause these along with some other things. Every doc I saw asked if I had trouble with bleeding. They also all kept fishing for how much alchohol I was drinking. I would start to tell them "About 2 sixpacks per" interupt me and the doc would say "per day" and I would say "no, per year".

My blood profile looked like an alcoholic's with many deficiencies.

4. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks Fredd. I take it I'm right high rbc does not suggest a methylation problem? My MCV etc are all within normal range.

5. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Anniekim,

You mean "normal" from before nationwide endemic b12 and folate deficiencies or after?

the difference is >93 old, > 100 or even > 101 depending where you are.

What the the NUMBERS, "normal" is a statistical abstraction and even aberation since average of people too high results in "normal" being too high. Same wirth MCH.

6. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Ok, but may I still ask does high rbc suggest problems with methylation? Many thanks

7. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    I have no idea. What were the numbers for the MCV and MCH?

See more popular forum discussions.