A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

does a deep massage of the neck help?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Johnskip, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Johnskip

Johnskip Senior Member

just wondering??

Invisible Woman likes this.
  2. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member

For me, no.

I used to do a fair bit of physical activity and had a good massage every month or so before becoming ill. Loved it.

Since becoming ill, I can't even have the lightest of neck/shoulder/back massages. Literally knocks me off my feet and causes quite a crash.

I can cope with a lymph drainage massage in the lower limbs though.

Others seem to have no problem with then though.

If I were to try it again then I would have a very short, very light massage and if I was ok with that I would slowly build it up. Watch out for use of essential oils too - I find I need them to be a lot more diluted these days.

3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Love it, just cannot afford it, and have not found many willing people to massage me, even though they love my massages :(

GG

Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I'm with *GG*. When I could afford them, I loved them. I do not know that they helped my ME. I think lymphatic drainage might have, but I only had it once.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. Hilary

Hilary Senior Member

UK
    I also love massage but have to be very careful as massage of the upper back especially can make me feel extremely unwell - that horrible dragging, achey toxic feeling. As long as it's very light and I'm not already in a dip, I can get away with it and find it very relaxing.

I did have Perrin treatment for a long time which made me worse initially but then seemed to help quite a bit.

6. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

I do fine with more gentle massages. Last time I went for a massage, I had been having a migraine for 2 weeks and after the treatment it was gone. The lady had massaged my head and it did me tremendous good.

7. mhrps

mhrps

My skin is oversensitive. I rarely touch my neck by myself.

See more popular forum discussions.