• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor who understands methylation

Can anyone recommend some doctors who they've worked with who REALLY understand methylation and do phone consults. I got a doctor off of a mthfr finder, but I think that i may need a second opinion.

Aside from Yasko and Dr Ben, who are the best?

Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I think docs who will do computer appointments need to see you first, and then once or twice a year followup. My first appointment was in her office but all the rest have been with FaceTime.

You didn't say where you were BTW, that would help.

Hudson Valley ny
@minkeygirl

I saw a doc in CT. He is a mthfr doc but seems to not be as knowledgeable about it as I hoped (I could certainly be wrong)

I would think there was someone who would just do a phone consult.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I might be wrong but I thought there was some law that docs had to see a patient first. I'm sure someone will chime in about that.

There is someone in Beverly Hills I think. I forget her name. Try Googling Methylation Beverly Hills.

PennyIA

Can anyone recommend some doctors who they've worked with who REALLY understand methylation and do phone consults. I got a doctor off of a mthfr finder, but I think that i may need a second opinion.

Aside from Yasko and Dr Ben, who are the best?

Thanks
I really like my doctor in Colorado. I, too, wonder if he's fully up or only partially up... but under his treatment I've had dramatic improvements before a second crash. And I'm currently recovering from that crash. I've only seen him via Skype/phone conferences. I am planning a trip next month, though to drive out and meet him face to face.

www.revolutionarymd.com

*GG*

Started a conversation with you FYI Not sure my Dr is expert, but I think he knows some of it.

GG

PS Unfortunately he does not take much for insurance, and is mostly on a cash basis. FYI

PennyIA

Mine doesn't file insurance, but does give me the filing codes so I could file... but he's helping me because the money I'm spending on him is preventing far more money being spent for tests that weren't helping me... I have yet to max out my deduction, so I haven't filed any of them since I started seeing him. But keep holidng it in resserve for just in case.

I was also going to recommend Dr. Nancy Mullan, MD in Burbank, California based on having read her articles on her site. She has both a website and is on Facebook with some interesting articles and follows Amy Yasko's protocol.

FYI: you might like to try out her weekly free Q&A held Tuesdays at 5pm PST (8pm EST).
See https://www.facebook.com/NancyMullanMd. Her Facebook site might provide the call-in #.

Additional information about Dr. Nancy Mullan, MD who does genetics medicine (below comes from her recent email):

"My Tuesday evening calls are ongoing. They happen every week. There is no charge to come to the call. It is free forum where you can ask your questions. It’s a great way to clear up confusion, overcome the obstacles you may be having, and get on the path to wellness.

The call is done in a question and answer format. It is not a lecture, although I do jump off of the question and lecture on the topic at hand. Come with your questions. Press *6 to get into the Q and A line.

The time: Tuesday at 5:00 PM Pacific Time

(8:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 PM Central, 6:00 PM Mountain)

The number to call in the US: (605) 562-3140

The access code: 691392#

International call in numbers are linked here.

Join us to inform yourself so that you can be proactive about your health!"