1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Doctor who understands methylation

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by anxiousguy, Feb 25, 2014.

1. anxiousguy

anxiousguy

Can anyone recommend some doctors who they've worked with who REALLY understand methylation and do phone consults. I got a doctor off of a mthfr finder, but I think that i may need a second opinion.

Aside from Yasko and Dr Ben, who are the best?

Thanks
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I think docs who will do computer appointments need to see you first, and then once or twice a year followup. My first appointment was in her office but all the rest have been with FaceTime.

You didn't say where you were BTW, that would help.
  3. anxiousguy

anxiousguy

Hudson Valley ny
    @minkeygirl

I saw a doc in CT. He is a mthfr doc but seems to not be as knowledgeable about it as I hoped (I could certainly be wrong)

I would think there was someone who would just do a phone consult.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I might be wrong but I thought there was some law that docs had to see a patient first. I'm sure someone will chime in about that.

There is someone in Beverly Hills I think. I forget her name. Try Googling Methylation Beverly Hills.
  5. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    I really like my doctor in Colorado. I, too, wonder if he's fully up or only partially up... but under his treatment I've had dramatic improvements before a second crash. And I'm currently recovering from that crash. I've only seen him via Skype/phone conferences. I am planning a trip next month, though to drive out and meet him face to face.

www.revolutionarymd.com
  6. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Started a conversation with you FYI Not sure my Dr is expert, but I think he knows some of it.

GG

PS Unfortunately he does not take much for insurance, and is mostly on a cash basis. FYI
  7. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I pay out of my pocket for my doc too. Worth it IMO
    PennyIA likes this.
  8. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    Mine doesn't file insurance, but does give me the filing codes so I could file... but he's helping me because the money I'm spending on him is preventing far more money being spent for tests that weren't helping me... I have yet to max out my deduction, so I haven't filed any of them since I started seeing him. But keep holidng it in resserve for just in case.
  9. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I'm on Medicare. They don't pay for naturopaths and are pretty restrictive with what they will pay for.
  10. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX

See more popular forum discussions.