1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Doctor says chronic fatigue syndrome can be cured!?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by livingwithcfids, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Hi Gregf,

I respect your opinion that XMRV will be proven as the agent affecting ME patients. It has not yet been scientifically accepted. Hopefully soon we will get a more definitive answer. From my readings, and I may be wrong, they pretty much established that it is not a sexually acquired illness. They are more concentrating on it being communicable through blood. That is why they put out the warning about ME patients not donating blood. I think that we see a lot more combinations of parent and child or siblings coming down with ME than partners.

All the best,
    Nielk

2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I understand. I also would be very suspicious of a doctor who says he has the cure for ME. I would run the other way. I just don't want you or others attributing these words to Dr. Enlander. He was grossly misquoted in the press and that's a shame but, sometimes that's the way the press likes to "sensationalize". I have heard and read that Dr. Enlander said that he was misquoted and I knowing him, fully believe it because he NEVER claims he can cure anyone of this illness. He can help and they feel better and that's only 30% of his patient group and only the ones who have come to him before they were severely affected.

See more popular forum discussions.