1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Doctor says chronic fatigue syndrome can be cured!?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by livingwithcfids, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Hi Gregf,

I respect your opinion that XMRV will be proven as the agent affecting ME patients. It has not yet been scientifically accepted. Hopefully soon we will get a more definitive answer. From my readings, and I may be wrong, they pretty much established that it is not a sexually acquired illness. They are more concentrating on it being communicable through blood. That is why they put out the warning about ME patients not donating blood. I think that we see a lot more combinations of parent and child or siblings coming down with ME than partners.

All the best,
    Nielk
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I understand. I also would be very suspicious of a doctor who says he has the cure for ME. I would run the other way. I just don't want you or others attributing these words to Dr. Enlander. He was grossly misquoted in the press and that's a shame but, sometimes that's the way the press likes to "sensationalize". I have heard and read that Dr. Enlander said that he was misquoted and I knowing him, fully believe it because he NEVER claims he can cure anyone of this illness. He can help and they feel better and that's only 30% of his patient group and only the ones who have come to him before they were severely affected.

See more popular forum discussions.