• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor-recommended cure for ME

Countrygirl

682548b6002c3e29c56ff54579699214.jpg

The woman recommended by the doctor is one of the above.

I am having trouble here. My mind is about to collapse.

What do they teach in medical school these days?

Old Bones

Personally, I am planning to spend much of this Christmas with the people I have shared much of this year with- that's my PR friends. . .

Me too! I actually changed from "lurker" to "member" around this time last year. Approaching the Christmas season is the time I feel the losses most intensely. Only yesterday when an acquaintance asked what we'd be doing for Christmas, I felt the old familiar sadness.

There's not much left of the holiday season 25+ years post-ME: few friends, and the ones I have are busy with their kids/grandchildren; no kids/grandchildren; no extended family (cut them out of my life when I could no longer tolerate the disrespect and abuse); no socializing; no time off work (every day is "time off work"); no travel; no sports (previously skied over the holidays); no treats (gluten-free, low-histamine, low-FODMAPS, etc.); no gifts (don't need much being mostly housebound, and have to avoid the crowds at the mall). Did I miss anything? I am, however, thankful for a wonderful husband. So, we do try to observe the season in our own little way.

Quilp

What about the stupidest things we could say to our doctor ? I dare say many GP's in the UK already believe we are........loitering on the margins of insanity, it's only fair we throw them a bone or two now and again ( season of goodwill and all that )

I shall sit myself down in his surgery, adorned in a trappist Monk's regalia, and tell him that Brother Quilp is now cured. Should it be the case that my ten minutes had yet to elapse I might furnish him with the facts of this hitherto miracle.
That it came from the skies on a clear blue day. That a Knight of the realm with frizzy hair and a gold medal around it's neck took me to the promised land he called bootcamp and after several laps of the track I was reborn.

The look on his face ? Think of the time you told him you were ill. The time you told him you were suffering. The time you told him you needed help. The look on his face, could hardly be any different.

Oh and my GP told me that I was suffering from hysterical overload. And his pearls of wisdom ? His road map to Salvation ? ''Snap out of it''

char47

Me too helly!

My close family and friends have all died in quick succession recently and having been mostly housebound for 35 years I haven't been able to establish new relationships, so Christmas is spent on PR.

so sorry to hear that. I'm in a similar position. I'm fairly new here just finding my way around so i will be around over Christmas too if i can manage it.

I am wondering about that too, @daisybell.

In fact, I have checked out the GMC web-site to make sure he is a licensed to practice, which he is. I cannot believe that they would approve of his recommendation. I am frankly astonished that he advised the patient to make contact with this woman...........and pay £200 for the privilege.

The patient is very ill and understandably desperate. In my opinion, he has taken advantage of a vulnerable person.
I agree. Its appalling, disgraceful behaviour

Me too! I actually changed from "lurker" to "member" around this time last year. Approaching the Christmas season is the time I feel the losses most intensely. Only yesterday when an acquaintance asked what we'd be doing for Christmas, I felt the old familiar sadness.

There's not much left of the holiday season 25+ years post-ME: few friends, and the ones I have are busy with their kids/grandchildren; .
yeah me too, i've 'only' been ill for 14yrs, 14yrs tomorrow in fact, & at the beginning i had loads of friends loads of support, but as time goes on & people die, move away, move on with their lives people have fallen away.

What about the stupidest things we could say to our doctor ? I dare say many GP's in the UK already believe we are........loitering on the margins of insanity, it's only fair we throw them a bone or two now and again ( season of goodwill and all that )

I shall sit myself down in his surgery, adorned in a trappist Monk's regalia, and tell him that Brother Quilp is now cured. Should it be the case that my ten minutes had yet to elapse I might furnish him with the facts of this hitherto miracle.
That it came from the skies on a clear blue day. That a Knight of the realm with frizzy hair and a gold medal around it's neck took me to the promised land he called bootcamp and after several laps of the track I was reborn.

The look on his face ? Think of the time you told him you were ill. The time you told him you were suffering. The time you told him you needed help. The look on his face, could hardly be any different.

Oh and my GP told me that I was suffering from hysterical overload. And his pearls of wisdom ? His road map to Salvation ? ''Snap out of it''
haha that really made me laugh Quilp.

So yes i'm all for jokey threads stupidest Dr, funniest post - there have been some hilarious ones on the OMEGA & fitnet threads...
How will i find them? which section will they be in?