• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor in Richmond, VA area

Does anyone know of a good Chronic Fatigue Syndrome doctor in the Richmond, VA area? What type of doctor should I even be going to??

Thank you! :)

Sing

Hi Tired4solong! This might seem like a bit of a long shot, but if I were in your area I would contact Professor Hockensmith below (from the WPI News) to see if he knows of any physicians at the University of Virginia Medical School in Charlottesville, or possibly in Richmond who are working with CFS patients. Let us know if you find one, okay?

Sing

June 14, 2010: Dr. Judy Mikovits presented a scientific lecture to 75 students at the Cardiovascular Research Center and Summer Research Internship Program (SRIP) at the University of Virginia on June 7th, 2010. Joel Hockensmith, Associate Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Genetics and SRIP Director for the University of Virginia School of Medicine wrote to Dr. Mikovits thanking her for her exciting presentation. "Your enthusiasm for research and hypotheses was infectious as evidenced by the fact that not one, not two, but more than half a dozen students were still waiting to talk to you more than half an hour after the seminar. Kudos to you for stimulating such a diverse group of individuals." wrote Dr. Hockensmith. This is just one example of the many ways that Dr. Mikovits continues to educate and motivate future scientists while also encouraging novel research into neuro-immune diseases.