• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor in Melbourne, Australia to prescribe Valtrex (Valacyclovir) for 6 months

Kenny Banya

Can anyone recommend a doctor in Melbourne, Australia to prescribe Valtrex (Valacyclovir) for 6 months, off-label?

Michael Oldmeadow at The Alfred Hospital won't do it
Don Lewis at CFS Discovery won't do it
A local GP would only do it for a month, stating 'lack of knowledge'

Could you print out Learner’s or Montoya’s work? Even Dr Pridgen and take it to them?

I printed out Dr Pridgen’s publication and my Rheumatologist put me on Famvir (about to start Celebrex) as he was happy with the safety profile of the drug.

I’m in Sydney so I know that’s not helpful but I hope you find someone who will prescribe it to you soon.

JES

It might not be a good idea to import a drug to Australia without prescription, from the stories I have heard about Australian customs.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
It might not be a good idea to import a drug to Australia without prescription, from the stories I have heard about Australian customs.

If its personsl use and not selling it the worst that will happen is they confiscate your order and send you a letter saying its naughty. Ive had a couple of these letters after ordering supplements from iherb i didnt know were restricted here in Australia . One was melatonin but the law has changed since than.

Antibiotics, antivirals and a few other basic meds have never been a problem, even after being opened by customs. The importation laws on prescription medication is no more than a 3 month supply for personal use or a relative, and is not a restricted drug such as narcotics etc. The rest of the law is open to different interpretation. But i think the customs officials have bigger fish to fry then someone who has ordered 90 valtrex tabs to be honest. More than likely feel sorry for you because they think u have genital herpes u cant get treated for.

Its a different story if you try to bring in large quantities to sell.

Thats my experience anyway.

Kenny Banya

If its personsl use and not selling it the worst that will happen is they confiscate your order and send you a letter saying its naughty. Ive had a couple of these letters after ordering supplements from iherb i didnt know were restricted here in Australia . One was melatonin but the law has changed since than.

Antibiotics, antivirals and a few other basic meds have never been a problem, even after being opened by customs. The importation laws on prescription medication is no more than a 3 month supply for personal use or a relative, and is not a restricted drug such as narcotics etc. The rest of the law is open to different interpretation. But i think the customs officials have bigger fish to fry then someone who has ordered 90 valtrex tabs to be honest. More than likely feel sorry for you because they think u have genital herpes u cant get treated for.

Its a different story if you try to bring in large quantities to sell.

Thats my experience anyway.
OK, thanks.
Is there somewhere I can order Valtrex from online without a prescription?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
OK, thanks.
Is there somewhere I can order Valtrex from online without a prescription?

Something you can try to get avs here is ask your doctor again but say as a private script and not covered under the PBS which may be a reason why they wont prescribe avs. A private script for valtrex is still quite cheap.