• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Docs in Los Angeles area?

Mouse girl

Yes, I have heard of him alot too. I can't help but do the commercial everytime I hear his name.......Cha cha cha chia! He must have been given so many of those as joke gifts over the years. I would love to go in his office and just see a sea of pottery animals growing spouts out of them. :lol:

I'm curious to hear what different people's experiences are with many docs around town. I've heard from others that for such a large city with top of the line docs and health care, we are not that strong in CFS docs.

But, i have to say, I have had many good experiences with docs here. All my docs seam to know something about CFS or fibro and believe in it. I mean, even my dentist etc. But, of course, alot of these guys were referrals.

*GG*

I hear the same thing for the Boston area, way behind the times in regards to treatments! There are no established protocols, but we are all very different, but I think we can get a lot of sympton relief with various "treatments".

GG

Mouse girl

Oh yes, I found tramadol is very helpful for me with sleep and pain. I have a few meds that help a little bit, but not enough to be anywhere near normal. But, I can walk and drive so I feel so very lucky to be able to at least get out of bed etc.

Andrew

I'm in Los Angeles, and recently started seeing Chia. I can't tell you yet if he has helped because enough time has not passed. All I can say is he believes CFS is real and he has his ideas about how to treat it.

Chia, John K S, Md - I D Med
23560 Crenshaw Boulevard #101, Torrance, CA 90501
(310) 784-5880

If you are at all interested, call now. It takes about at least 6 months to see him.

Also see: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/how-to-find-a-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-doctor.94/

And: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?cz-groups/los-angeles-county.2/group-detail

jimells

I hear the same thing for the Boston area, way behind the times in regards to treatments!

This past summer I saw a neurologist from the Boston area who travels to Maine once month. He believes its a real disease, but he said he didn't know anybody who could help me. I waited six months to see him. A very compassionate doctor, but he turned out to be another dead end. It's hard to believe he really doesn't know anyone who could help, and also can't find out. Don't they hang out together at country clubs, professional groups, conferences, etc?