• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you tend to feel worse at a particular time of day?

At what time do you tend to have flare-ups?

• Total voters

daisybell

I often feel awful in the mornings, then tend to improve slowly through the day until early evening, if I haven't done too much....I'm not a night owl though, and need to be in bed between 10 and 11pm. If not in a crash, I can sleep ok

Firefly_

I too feel my best at night. I usually sleep till past noon stay in bed till about 4:00ish get sleepy around 9 pm for about 15 minutes then something "zings" in my head lol and I'm wide awake. Don't go to sleep anymore till anywhere from 3 to 7 a.m. Fought it for quite awhile trying to sleep at a normal hour and it just made me feel worse so I gave it up.

Hope78

Sounds very familiar to me. I feel horrible until about 7 p.m. That's the only time I can do some household tasks or on better days even ride the bike for 15 Minutes! My pulse rate seldom goes about 110 in the evening, even when I take a small walk. When I try to take this walk in the morning my pulse goes about 180 and I feel terrible!
I'd really like to know the biology/science behind it. I guess it's not accidentally that folks here mostly feel better in the evening?

I'm usually worst in the evening. If I try to concentrate on anything after about 4pm I get tired much more quickly than I do at other times of the day.

Almost every day symptoms shift around 6pm. Most of the time they get better for about two hours and then between 8-10 they slide right back. Sometimes they go too far and I end up sleepless until daylight.

Wishful

For me 2:30 PM is the magic bad time. I'll suddenly start feeling lousy (general malaise, aches, lethargy), look at the clock and see that it's 2:30. I haven't checked my diary to see if it changes with daylight savings time changes. It doesn't seem to be affected by anything else, such as when/what I eat or do.