• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you take Boron with vitamin D?

sb4

I cured my rheumatoid arthritis with borax (12 mule team variety). borax is used because i think it contains an ionic form of boron which makes it absorb better. The first 19 days, it had no effect on my RA. On day 20, the RA began to dissolve away. I was relieved it was working.

interesting to read "boron intake by water supply is 30 mg to 60 mg per day." ... maybe not all is being absorbed.

as a nutrient, the parathyroid gland requires the most boron to stay healthy.
How much were you taking?

prioris

How much were you taking?

I put 1/4 tsp in glass of warm water (to help it dissolve) and drank it every morning on empty stomach. That's it. I wait about 20-30 minutes before I eat anything else. Another way people take it is mix it in one liter of water and drink throughout day because some people can be sensitive to it.

The normal dosage amount for people in general ranges from 1/8-1/4 tsp. I've taken 1/2 tsp with no problem for a couple weeks. Just in case someone is concerned about toxicity, the LD rating for borax is the same as table salt so pretty safe. This will work for 70% of people with RA. You hope and pray it works for you. The guy that developed it said it takes 3 weeks to work. Mine worked on day 20 so he really meant it. lol.

They have used antibiotics to cure RA. The success rate was around 70%. Probably the reason why someone didn't get cured was because there is another hidden problem that has to be solved FIRST like maybe candida or who knows what. Probably the same with borax.

mrmichaelfreedmen

I am a huge fan of the triple Boron complex(this triple complex has very high bioavailably other forms much less)at 6mg per day empty stomach there were increases in lebido suggesting a free testosterone increase. My bound and free testosterone has been tested as low in the past.

There are multiple NIH studies with 12mg Boron used per day and have shown increases in testosterone, vitamin D and decreases in inflammation markers in as little as 7 days.

At 15mg per day there were huge increases in lebido and mild decreases in Candida symptoms(which was my attempt).

However being at the 15mg dosage for around two months and thanks to this post I know that I have developed Vitamin B2 deficiency symptoms.

-My lips are so incredibly cracked and actually bleed, have mild light sensitivity, blood shot eyes and slightly blury vison at times.

I take Hydroxocobalamin (although very little of late) 50mg P5P, 10mg Biotin(for Candida) daily. No other B vitamins.

So yes will be adding a B2 supplement soon and monitor things from there.

EDIT:

I believe the "Life Extension Boron" add B2 to there Boron supplements for a VERY good reason.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21129941

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
@mrmichaelfreedman, I am taking Solaray's Tetra-Boron. The bottle says that it is "elemental boron specially reacted with citric acid, L-glycine, aspartic acid, and L-lycine".

mrmichaelfreedmen

@mrmichaelfreedman, I am taking Solaray's Tetra-Boron. The bottle says that it is "elemental boron specially reacted with citric acid, L-glycine, aspartic acid, and L-lycine".

That is very similar to the triple boron I have been using and very likely highly bioavalible as well.

At 6mgs per day for many months, I had no signs of B2 deficency and neither have you at 5mgs per day for years.

Oh and do you mean 6mgs per day? as Solaray only make 3mg and 500mcg Boron tablets.

-It would be fair to say that taking more then 6mgs per day you should monitor possible B2 deficency symptoms and/or take a B2 and/or B Complex supplement with your boron.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Oh and do you mean 6mgs per day? as Solaray only make 3mg and 500mcg Boron tablets.
@mrmichaelfreedmen, the osteoporosis formula my doctor recommended to me contains 5 mg of boron. It also contains folate as folic acid, so I have to buy each component separately. I actually take 6 mg 3 days/week and 4.5 mg 4 days/week, but I thought that might be more detail than you wanted. I also take 100 mg (4 x 25mg) of B2 per day.