• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you react badly to paracetamol/tylenol?

rosie26

I can tolerate the original brand of Paracetomol, but there is a brand Pams which is quite scary for me, I really don't want to ever try that one again. I don't know what is different between the two brands but the Pams one leaves me so weak, my heart feels like it is hardly beating and I feel very nauseous. I feel like 120 years old, just awful.

There is another painkiller that I tried (Symflex) about 6 years ago for period pain and that had the same affect on me. I couldn't wait for it flush out of my system. I have to be very careful with tablets.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I can tolerate the original brand of Paracetomol, but there is a brand Pams which is quite scary for me, I really don't want to ever try that one again. I don't know what is different between the two brands but the Pams one leaves me so weak, my heart feels like it is hardly beating and I feel very nauseous. I feel like 120 years old, just awful.

There is another painkiller that I tried (Symflex) about 6 years ago for period pain and that had the same affect on me. I couldn't wait for it flush out of my system. I have to be very careful with tablets.

Did you look at the packs to see what other ingredients there were? It's always advisable.