1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do you mix your own B-Complex? Questions...

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by BadBadBear, May 28, 2013.

1. BadBadBear

BadBadBear Senior Member

Rocky Mountains
    Do you mix your own B-Complex? I bought capsules for the formula I wanted (similar to Pure Encapsulations), opened them up and mixed up enough for a month supply. Now I can either put the powder back into the empty capsules, or just add a bit of it to my potassium smoothies.

Would it be possible to mix it with water to make a suspension and just use droppers full of it for dosing? It seems like that might be easiest.

Or if you make your own mix, how do you take it? Dry, or as a liquid, or ??? I am taking B2, mB12, and mFolate individually. Do you add choline & insolitol to your mix?

Thanks!!
    Michelle

2. BadBadBear

BadBadBear Senior Member

Rocky Mountains
    Small update for my own post: a 'dash' measuring spoon is about the amount to fill one capsule, so I need to take about 2 of those small spoonfuls a day to use it up in a month.

And I mixed it into my custom e-lyte drink, and it tasted fine! So yay!!!

E-lyte mix is: Be Calm magnesium (as much as I can tolerate), 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt, pinch of sodium bicarb (since I've been in acidosis), TBSP of grape juice concentrate, tsp or so of lemon juice, and a few drops of stevia. It is fizzy and tastes good. :) It also should be fairly alkalyzing. I am planning to switch the grape for orange concentrate to lower the carbs a titch and make it even more alkalyzing.

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I love those measuring spoons. I split my Strattera from 60mg doses into 10mg doses - and it's about 10mg per "smidgen" spoon :lol:

See more popular forum discussions.