• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you have scoliosis, double jointed, MVPS?Odd overlap- Connective Tissue Disorders?

Allyson

scoliosis is definiety related to EDS often and yes the symptom overlap is amazing -
gene testing for EDS - all types - is not far away I am told by my geneticist

Ally

Allyson

I am the tallest with the widest hips. as well as EDS it is worth googling Marfans. i just had a bone scan as they say there is more susceptibility to brittle bones, mine are a little worse than they should be for my age but could be worse

yes Marfans is related to EDS - my grandfather had Marfan's habitus

Ally

Allyson

Coxy, please let us know what Judy Whittemore tells you in the way of more information.

Also, I am wondering if anyone has an odd gait - "pigeon toed" or feet pointed outward? I guess it could be a result of scoliosis, but my daughter has one foot turned at about a 45 degree angle when she walks. I have the same problem but with both feet and the angle is not as great as hers.

And, I wanted to mention that a man I know was dx with CFS and within six months, he developed eye cancer, which I would think is a pretty rare cancer. Since eye tissue is a type of connective tissue, I believe, it would make sense that the XMRV or MLV attacked the connective tissue or made it more susceptible to cancer. But note the connective tissue nexus, again.

Thank you for your thoughts.
flat feet are common in EDS - does that cause pigeion toes?

Ally