1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do you have a low blood pressure or low heart rate? 48 beats per minute!!? ?

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by SaveMe, Mar 10, 2011.

1. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    I have POTS but what is scaring me it that my heart rate is always under 50 beats per minute.

Does anyone else with cfs-me have a rather slow heart beat? :(

Thanks everyone

2. sleepy237

sleepy237 Senior Member

Hell
    At times my heart has went as low as this, usually a sign that I need to sleep/rest well. It is due to the dysfunction of the ANS, and makes it very difficult in treating POTS as I cannot have a betablocker because my heart rate also goes this slow, but soars on standing. I saw your reply on the POTS section SaveMe so you already know what can help the condition. There are also products called gookinaid/vitalyte. ~Sleepy

3. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    Oh electrolytes, yes I have got to try that. thanks sleepy

4. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    My pulse was 50 and my BP was down to 80/50. I used Midodrine for a while, but Once I started Valcyte, things started to get better. After 8 Months on Valcyte, my pulse and BP were back top normal.

Gatorade may be of some help.

5. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    thanks Jstefl,
    that is interesting. Is Valcyte indicated to help with heartrate, or is a secondary mechanism as a result from suppressing a virus? my pharmacist told me valcyte was $1400 /30 pills
    Thanks again

6. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    Valcyte is very expensive. I haven't taken any for about two years now, but at that time it was about $ 40.00 per tablet. Most people take 2 per day. As I remember, my perscription was $ 2,520.00 per month. More for the first month when I started on a heavier dose.

I was taking my pulse and BP daily before I started Valcyte. I continued this during the time I was on Valcyte. What I found was that pre Valcyte, my pulse and BP varied a lot. My pluse could be 45 or 100, and my BP was all over the place. After Valcyte, my Pulse and BP was almost the same every time i checked. Two years later, this continues.

I talked to Dr. Cheney about this when I saw him at the Reno conference. I forget exactly the words he used, but I got the impression that he was suggesting that Valcyte did have some benefits beyond the anti viral activity. I gave him a copy of my spreadsheet and chart that I made with excel.

I would be willing to send you the excel file if you PM me your email address.

7. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    oh thanks, I will pm that to you. Im assuming it has BP data at different times and dates. Hopefully my insurance will cover Valcyte 100%. Ill give them a call tmrw. Have you had success with anything else?
    How much % wise did Valcyte help you function and have you given LDN a try? thanks again

has any1 seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrg-jpDQxA

See more popular forum discussions.