1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do we burn through more calories because of our illness?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by snowathlete, Mar 3, 2012.

1. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, PW.

There are several stool tests available. When there is significant weight loss, I would suggest including stool testing specifically for helminths (worms).
    In the U.S., I think that one of the best comprehensive stool tests is the Diagnos-Techs Expanded G.I. Panel. This one requires an order from a physician.

There are also comprehensive stool analyses offered by Metametrix (the G.I. Function Profile), Genova Diagnostics, and Doctor's Data Lab. They are all offered by www.directlabs.com without a doctor's order. The Metametrix test uses DNA analysis to identify bacteria, yeasts, and parasites. The others are culture tests.

When parasites (either helminths or protozoa) are suspected, I also suggest getting the test offered by Dr. Omar Amin's Parasitology Center at http://www.parasitetesting.com/ You can order the kit for this test yourself.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Rich

See more popular forum discussions.