The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do u know about 23andME restrictions?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joshi81, Dec 13, 2013.

1. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    Hi i would like to run 23andMe test but now there are restrictionsa bout the health area of the test and they provide just the ancestor area... but i did not understan what does it mean... does it mean that they are not going to test the genes they were testing before? i need the methylation gene do you know for sure if they are not permormed anymore? i wrote them but don't answer
    thank you

2. veganmua

veganmua Senior Member

London, UK
    I think the genetic test is the same, they are just not allowed to interpret the results to tell you whether you have risks of heart disease, alzheimers etc. You need to put the results into Geneticgenie.com afterwards, which is a seperate site. This will give you your methylation results.

3. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    oh tank you ... ok but also before the restrictions you had to put the raw datas on genetic genie as far a si know... so i cannot understand exacltly what did change.. mah

4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Previously 23andme provided raw data, health interpretation and ancestor interpretation. Now it provides raw data and ancestor interpretation.

Since we don't use 23andme's health interpretation to look at our methylation SNPs, it doesn't affect us. We provide our own interpretation by running the raw data through genetic genie.

5. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    oh thank you so much :D

See more popular forum discussions.