• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do u know about 23andME restrictions?

joshi81

Hi i would like to run 23andMe test but now there are restrictionsa bout the health area of the test and they provide just the ancestor area... but i did not understan what does it mean... does it mean that they are not going to test the genes they were testing before? i need the methylation gene do you know for sure if they are not permormed anymore? i wrote them but don't answer
thank you

veganmua

I think the genetic test is the same, they are just not allowed to interpret the results to tell you whether you have risks of heart disease, alzheimers etc. You need to put the results into Geneticgenie.com afterwards, which is a seperate site. This will give you your methylation results.

joshi81

oh tank you ... ok but also before the restrictions you had to put the raw datas on genetic genie as far a si know... so i cannot understand exacltly what did change.. mah

caledonia

Previously 23andme provided raw data, health interpretation and ancestor interpretation. Now it provides raw data and ancestor interpretation.

Since we don't use 23andme's health interpretation to look at our methylation SNPs, it doesn't affect us. We provide our own interpretation by running the raw data through genetic genie.