• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do Sleeping Pills Give Alzheimers?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thank you. As hard of a journey as it has been withdrawing from Klonopin, I am glad that it has been successful.
I do have symptoms though that I never had before even with my ME. They seem to mimick symptoms of ADHD. Even though I had difficulty concentrating and problems with my memory before - because of my ME, this added feeling of jumpiness and impatience is hard to live with - especially since it is new for me.

Even though it was really rough for you, you're actually quite lucky compared to some of the people whose benzo withdrawal stories I have read online. There are folks who went through many years of horrible withdrawal symptoms. What a nightmare!

I don't know if this would be useful for you, but I found transdermal magnesium oil and Lavela (a concentrated lavender oil supplement) to be very helpful in recovering from the worst part of my Lorazepam ordeal. Studies have shown lavender oil to be very effective at treating anxiety, as it works on the same GABA receptor sites as the benzo without the horrible consequences. I'm not sure if it would help ADHD symptoms... but maybe? You can read more about that here: http://www.naturalhealthadvisory.co...y/lavender-reduces-signs-of-anxiety-in-women/

Also, increasing my fat intake by eating more nuts and seeds, bone broth, coconut oil, and this stuff: http://www.bodybio.com/storeproduct353.aspx

There's more too on my thread that I mentioned above. But these were on the top of my most helpful list.

boohealth

Problems with the study:
1) Lots of benzos out there and not all are the same
2) No distinguishing btw short acting and long acting
3) Did they rule out comorbidities? I do think all psychoactive drugs could be both helpful and harmful to the brain--depending on the individual, the underlying condition, and the dosage. Not just benzos, but antidepressants, other sedatives, anti-seizure meds, anything that changes the brain structure, the number and shape of receptors etc
4) It's what you would call a preliminary study that points in a direction of further study, with a more rigorous study design.