1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

do i have cfs or mold toxicity.....advise

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by equestrian111, Apr 24, 2012.

1. equestrian111

equestrian111

ct
    Not sure which way to pursue my treatment. I have had Mold exposure, but have moved to Mold free environment. I do have high epsteins barr and herpes 6. Extreme fatigue, shakes, insomnia, extra. But I do not have sore throat, swollen glands or sore joints. Any advise would be welcome. I have been house bound for 6 months now.
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Have you heard of/or considered Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)? Is any environment mold free? Not really sure myself.

GG

PS Are you alone to treat yourself, or do you have a helpful or good Dr?
  3. equestrian111

equestrian111

ct
    I have a gp that doesn't understand cfs. Also talked rover dantini that put in on valtrex. Only Dr I know for Mold is Dr schoemaker in Maryland. Totally different protocal.
  4. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    I've had CFS for 25 years, and I've never had swollen glands, fevers, etc. There are lots of sub-types.

What were your results on Dr. Schoemaker's vision test?

Are you housebound because you don't drive? Meaning, are you well enough to see doctors if somebody takes you? Because I think this is a very hard call to make on your own, and your time might be best spent searching for an enlightened doctor.

Good luck!

Madie
  5. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

is LDN good for mold?
    ggingues likes this.
  6. equestrian111

equestrian111

ct
    I can drive. Just not sure how to proceed. Am on valtrex now and have a few good days then crash for a week.
  7. equestrian111

equestrian111

ct
    I did take the vision test on shoemaker's site. The 1st time I passed, then a few months later, I failed. I am slowly doing some of his suggested labs and maybe I will make the trip to Maryland. I heard he is not the most sympathic Dr. I was hoping I could find a Dr that uses his protocol. They don't rec
    ommend drs. Where are you from?
  8. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Not sure myself, but it has many uses! It's lost patent protection, so no big studies are likely to be done, but if you can get the drug, probably worth a trial, doesn't usually work overnight, and only has a few side effects.

GG

See more popular forum discussions.