The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Do I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cfs ?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by plaruno, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    @soxfan See the attached document. The quote has pertinent parts. (I broke up the paragraphs to make it easier to read.)

Note that your initial value of 7 is below the 12 used as the threshold for treatment.

Attached Files:

sb4 likes this.
  2. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    @Learner1 ...Thank you for the article and for breaking up the paragraphs! The sad part is my endocrinologist admits my morning reading is low but still insists my adrenals are fine because I “passed” the ACTH test.

How can a doctor not see that a morning level of 8 is ridiculous. I have seen graphs from other doctors showing dysfunction and they say basically the same thing...anything lower than a 10 is NOT good. Plus they only checked after 60 min...not 30 min.

I am going to order my own saliva test. I am not actually sure what I will do afterwards if it shows low levels but at least I will have it. I have to start doing some research to find a doctor who understands.

I was on Cortef for over four years 2006-2010 and it didn’t have lasting damage to my adrenals...

I will hang on to this article in case I find someone here who “gets” it. The interesting thing is I was looking through my old doctors files and in one of the office notes from 2007 my Lyme doctor wrote that he felt I had HPA dysfunction!

For now I am left hanging and taking supplements only...

3. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    You're welcome!

I tend to take articles and have them to doctors with the pertinent points highlighted in yellow to make them easy to read.

Any doc can prescribe hydrocortisone. Its not a cure but can help you function better while you tackle everything else. I usually take 20mg a day, with 10mg at 7am and another 10 around noon.

Good luck!

sb4 likes this.
  4. cb2

cb2 Senior Member

I found cortef helped me too. and now i am thinking of trying some glandual.. i took some i had sitting around last week and I felt pretty good for a few days, until i over did it and I ran out.
    this stuff is expensive on amazon, but some chiros sell it. I really like this guy's review.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/R2BNZ87ZG5XP1Q?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

5. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    HPA-axis dysfunction is a state observed in many chronic diseases/disorders (including depression) and it has nothing to do with fatigued adrenals. Confronted with overwhelming evidence that "adrenal fatigue" is bullshit, some "true believers" instead of admitting they were wrong, appropriated themselves of HPA-axis dysfunction as a way to "save face." The attempt at rebranding "adrenal fatigue" as HPA-axis dysfunction is nothing short of intellectual dishonesty as far as I am concerned.

6. tiredowl

tiredowl

Norway, Scandinavia
    Do you happen to know any thing that can restore HPA axis besides curcumin?

See more popular forum discussions.