• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do Gut Infections Create Toxins?

Christopher

I've heard really good things about that! Yes, start slow. Even with just reishi, at the beginning if I took too much I would get a headache.

Take care
I have too. Unfortunately I do not handle sulfur well, and also seem to feel more sluggish and chemical-reactive when I take turmeric,which is included in Liver Life as well as the sulfury milk thistle. If I want to try reishi I guess I'll have to buy it by itself.

Violeta

I have too. Unfortunately I do not handle sulfur well, and also seem to feel more sluggish and chemical-reactive when I take turmeric,which is included in Liver Life as well as the sulfury milk thistle. If I want to try reishi I guess I'll have to buy it by itself.

Same here about the turmeric. I didn't want to say anything negative, but the milk thistle is estrogenic. So yes, I think the reishi is better by itself. Amazon sells Nature's way at a very good price.

PS: have you tried red beets?

Christopher

Same here about the turmeric. I didn't want to say anything negative, but the milk thistle is estrogenic. So yes, I think the reishi is better by itself. Amazon sells Nature's way at a very good price.

PS: have you tried red beets?

I'm pretty sure I do poorly with beets as well. What happens with you when you take turmeric?

Violeta

I can't remember, to tell you the truth. I bought 4 different tinctures from www.sensiblehealth.com, and all I can remember is that the curcumin, turmeric extract, bothers me. When so many things bother you after awhile you can't remember what each thing does.

Beets were one of the first things I was able to reintroduce. They seemed to help my liver. But I wasn't able to eat them for many years because of oxalates, I think. I just started to be able to eat a couple of different things since last spring when I started taking choline. Since taking the reishi, I've been doing a little better. I still get leg and foot cramps from meat, I'm trying tuna and shrimp right now and still getting cramps, but I'm trying to increase potassium and silica so I can keep eating them. I'm pretty much protein starved.

What do you eat? I've been between a rock and a hard place with what I could and couldn't eat.

caledonia

Yes, three times, methane and hydrogen, glucose and lactulose as substrates. All negative which is why I pursued the aspirate becuase I knew something was wrong. My gastroenterologist told me the breath test picks up 50% of the cases positive by aspirate.

Remember, not all microbes produce hydrogen. I did a lot of studying on bacterial metobolites recently and I was surprised to learn this. Most produce carbon dioxide and I would suspect that's what I'm producing.

@globalpilot Wow, that is amazing. I'm glad you "followed your gut" and stayed persistent in pursuing this. I hope you can find the right treatment. Maybe a fecal transplant?

Christopher

I can't remember, to tell you the truth. I bought 4 different tinctures from www.sensiblehealth.com, and all I can remember is that the curcumin, turmeric extract, bothers me. When so many things bother you after awhile you can't remember what each thing does.

Beets were one of the first things I was able to reintroduce. They seemed to help my liver. But I wasn't able to eat them for many years because of oxalates, I think. I just started to be able to eat a couple of different things since last spring when I started taking choline. Since taking the reishi, I've been doing a little better. I still get leg and foot cramps from meat, I'm trying tuna and shrimp right now and still getting cramps, but I'm trying to increase potassium and silica so I can keep eating them. I'm pretty much protein starved.

What do you eat? I've been between a rock and a hard place with what I could and couldn't eat.

Right now, I am just doing low carb-meat and veggies. I am still feeling very toxic and reactive since I took the 5 drops of liver life yesterday. I know that turmeric has this effect on me, but since the LL has both turmeric and milk thistle, I am not sure if the milk thistle was problematic as well.

globalpilot

@globalpilot Wow, that is amazing. I'm glad you "followed your gut" and stayed persistent in pursuing this. I hope you can find the right treatment. Maybe a fecal transplant?

Well I think I do need to do a serious antimicrobial routine. And I may do fecal transplants because of that but I'm not sure in and of themselves they would help since my issue is in the small intestine. Unless somehow dysbiosis in the colon is contributing to this overgrowth in the small intestine- I'm not ruling that out.