• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do antivirals interfere with the effectiveness of a flu shot?

Flu-mist is a live vaccine and is usually only given to children and those at high risk who are severely "needle phobic." As far as I know, all injections are the "killed" virus.

Charles555nc

Please share your thoughts and research, thanks everyone!

If you do a small amount of research, you'll find that flu vaccine companies have NEVER guessed right about what species of the flu shows up the following year (they have to make the vaccines a year in advance). Most pharmacists will admit to this if you sound like you know the research.

Flu shots are a gigantic and highly profitable scam...and the heavy metal preservatives and contamination of animal viruses outweighs the 0 benefit you will receive.

Vaccines work by building antibodies to specific infectious agents...but if you pick a different species/subtype of the flu, by their own logic, you wont build antibodies to fight them, ergo, you receive no benefit, with plenty of risks.

Charles555nc

@Thomas My cfs doctor pretty much told me to avoid flu shots & vaccines like the plague as well.

Used to be they said NEVER give a pregnant woman vaccine shots, because of the likely damage to the child.
As special interest dominates every aspect of medicine, now they say pregnant women need EXTRA shots.

Kids today take 52x the number of vaccines my grandparents took, and my grandparents both lived past 94 with relatively few medical concerns.

People are suiing and winning against vaccine companies for causing autism, but since big pharma type corporations own tv media, its not very noticeable to the public who gets 98% of their info from the magic TV. The same TV that said giving trillions to Wall Street and bankers was the only way to stop a depression...which we still have.

IreneF

Used to be they said NEVER give a pregnant woman vaccine shots, because of the likely damage to the child.
As special interest dominates every aspect of medicine, now they say pregnant women need EXTRA shots.

Kids today take 52x the number of vaccines my grandparents took, and my grandparents both lived past 94 with relatively few medical concerns.

People are suiing and winning against vaccine companies for causing autism, but since big pharma type corporations own tv media, its not very noticeable to the public who gets 98% of their info from the magic TV. The same TV that said giving trillions to Wall Street and bankers was the only way to stop a depression...which we still have.
The big pharma type corporations own TV media? Who owns what? Can you be specific?

Charles555nc

The big pharma type corporations own TV media? Who owns what? Can you be specific?

If you are serious about knowing, you can search a little bit yourself. But heres what I found in about 10 seconds:

http://www.globalissues.org/article/159/media-conglomerates-mergers-concentration-of-ownership

Shows like Cnn and Msnbc have been caught using green screens to create a fantasy scenario where their reporters are in another country and under "attack by terrorists". "Wag the Dog" is a movie about how easy it is to get the average citizen to believe a made up reason for going to war and its a comedy.

Wars, hospitals, and prisons are all big profits for the ultra rich.

IreneF

If you are serious about knowing, you can search a little bit yourself. But heres what I found in about 10 seconds:

http://www.globalissues.org/article/159/media-conglomerates-mergers-concentration-of-ownership

Shows like Cnn and Msnbc have been caught using green screens to create a fantasy scenario where their reporters are in another country and under "attack by terrorists". "Wag the Dog" is a movie about how easy it is to get the average citizen to believe a made up reason for going to war and its a comedy.

Wars, hospitals, and prisons are all big profits for the ultra rich.
I know that the number of mass media companies has shrunk, mostly from the loss of newspaper and magazine revenue as print has lost profitability, but I don't see anything about the involvement of pharma. Could you please post something more specific?

Sorry, I don't follow tv or movies.